Old 03-22-2020, 10:01 AM   #1

6 point leveling amperage

Does anyone know the amps required to use this system? Im currently plugged into a normal wall outlet where I store the camper and wondering if this will be enough to utilize the leveling system if Im not running anything else. Thanks
HappilyLost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 10:43 AM   #2

If your batteries are up on charge there should not be a major draw on the 110V to 12V converting system. You didn't say what rig you have but you could run your generator while leveling.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 11:27 AM   #3

The running amps are around 35-40, initial startup when the pump kicks on is around 70. Your converter is designed to be adequate for running your hydraulic pump even if your batteries are low but you may have to limit other 12 volt loads while doing so. If you are plugged into a 15 amp circuit, your converter may be calling for 8-10 amps of 120 volt power while running. That means you may also need to limit other 120 volt loads such as microwave, air conditioner, coffee pot, water heater, etc while the pump is running. If your batteries are fully charged or near full charge (12.4-12.7v) that would be an advantage, but not critical. Note that the more voltage available (13.2-13.7) means the amp draw decreases.

2016 F350 CC Dually Powerstroke 4x4
2014 Cedar Creek 34RLSA w/Level Up
2007 HD Ultra Classic 103
SlowrideHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 11:33 AM   #4

LCI 6 point leveling works on 12v batteries. Doesn't matter where you are plugged in, or not plugged in. It only matters if your batteries are up to the task. But I don't know how much amps it uses. I always hook up to 50amp before using them either direction.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 12:16 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowrideHD View Post
That means you may also need to limit other 120 volt loads such as microwave, air conditioner, coffee pot, water heater, etc while the pump is running.
Somehow I dont' think many people are racing inside the camper to get their microwave, coffee pot, etc prior to leveling the camper.

And as someone else pointed out, the leveling system uses 12 Volts DC, Not 120 voits AC
Old 03-22-2020, 12:30 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasReid View Post
Somehow I dont' think many people are racing inside the camper to get their microwave, coffee pot, etc prior to leveling the camper.

And as someone else pointed out, the leveling system uses 12 Volts DC, Not 120 voits AC
He asked two questions. How many amps does it require and can he run it while plugged into a (15-20 amp) receptacle if not running anything else. While the hydraulic pump runs on a 12 volt system, the converter (powered by 120v) will be supplying that circuit in addition to his battery bank, and completely if the battery is low.
I tried to answer his questions to the best of my experience. Sorry it did not meet your expectations.

2016 F350 CC Dually Powerstroke 4x4
2014 Cedar Creek 34RLSA w/Level Up
2007 HD Ultra Classic 103
SlowrideHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 12:50 PM   #7

If plugged in the max draw on the 120 volt system for the average converter will be around 8.3 amps. That's assuming the usual 1,000 watt rated converter is used. If I's a 1500 watt (rated) converter then the max 120 volt draw will be 12.5 amp. Unless the RV is plugged into the 15 amp outlet on a LOOOOOONG extension cord the pump will run just fine with nothing to worry about. As for pump startup, batteries will handle the surge with no issues and the converter will provide more than enough run current with plenty left over even if the outlet is only rated at 15 amps.

That said, my 60 amp converter draws a maximum of 876 watts (measured) when charging my Lithium batteries which translates to only 7.3 amps on the 120 volt input. Not exactly a pump but it is an example of how much is drawn at a given output. Converter's "Nameplate Rating" is 1,000 watts.

"Sometimes you're the dog, sometimes you're the tree"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2004 Nissan Titan
TitanMike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 01:10 PM   #8

Some scenarios:

You batteries should be sized to use the level up system all by themselves. My do and they are just the generic RV/marine batteries. This assumes they have a charge in them.

If you are hooked up to any power source the converter will assist the batteries as well as recharge any power they used during the leveling.

If just connected to shore power and no batteries connected is undetermined. You could overload the smaller amperage converters.

In summary, think of battery power and letting the converter recharge it over time.
Old 03-22-2020, 02:03 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowrideHD View Post
He asked two questions. How many amps does it require and can he run it while plugged into a (15-20 amp) receptacle if not running anything else. While the hydraulic pump runs on a 12 volt system, the converter (powered by 120v) will be supplying that circuit in addition to his battery bank, and completely if the battery is low.
I tried to answer his questions to the best of my experience. Sorry it did not meet your expectations.
I was trying to be funny, it failed, Had NO desire to do anything but make you laugh.
Old 03-22-2020, 04:44 PM   #10

It will blow the resettable fuse if batteries are not up to it. You will know because it makes a weird sound before it blows. We have to be careful about this if weve been running the fridge on the inverter.
The Newsoms is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leveling