Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-02-2015, 06:58 PM   #21

broken tabs on breakers

I have that exact same converter and I need to replace the breakers as well. Could you share how you removed the cover (spot welds) and what you used to secure it after reinstalled. ...thanks for the help in advance
fishnhunt421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2023, 09:40 PM   #22

broken tabs on breakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnhunt421 View Post
I have that exact same converter and I need to replace the breakers as well. Could you share how you removed the cover (spot welds) and what you used to secure it after reinstalled. ...thanks for the help in advance
I realize this is an old thread, and post but for people who are still searching for this answer. (Which I was, before I decided to take it out, and just figure it out blind)

No spot welds need to be cut to remove or replace breakers in these units.

First be sure any AC power is disconnected.

Then there are two pop rivets one on the bottom and one on the left-hand side of the AC breaker compartment looking at it from the front.

These rivets hold the breaker housing in place, to replace the breakers or wire to the breakers, or add a 3rd breaker you must drill these rivets out (I find a small unibit works best for this, to just remove the head of the rivets without enlarging the hole) and replace the rivets afterwards. (They are standard pop rivets)

Once the rivets are removed the breaker housing lifts out away from the face of the converter so the breakers can be removed and/or replaced (Note the divider plate between the AC and DC compartments is part of the breaker housing)

The rivets should be the only rivets in the AC portion of the housing other than one on the right side obviously holding a wire clamp, so it is easy to identify them. (The rest of the power converter tray is held together with spot welds other than the screwed-on cover over the top, and junction box cover for the AC.)

Also note there are two screws on the AC breaker housing that are holding the breaker rail in place. These screws do not need to be removed unless you are replacing the breaker rail.
Just a average guy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
breaker, inverter, pop up