Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-14-2014, 08:05 AM   #21
Somewhat right of center

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonrjen View Post
Kind of like finding ST tires made in America. You can buy the tires with the name of an American tire company on the side of the tire, but the tire itself will be make over seas.

Or paying big dollars for a BMW made in Alabama. Nothing can be taken of country of origin face value anymore.
Excellent point jonrjen. I was tired of looking for a quality USA made dogbone and maybe thought BigT had one he could specifically recommend. I came across an article a few weeks ago that states, according to federal law, what qualifies to carry the Made in the USA label. Very interesting. Here it is if you care to read it: Complying with the Made in USA Standard | BCP Business Center

Sorry all if I went off topic.
Old 03-14-2014, 08:07 AM   #22
Take The Road Less Travld

I have a 30 amp trailer and I use a step down to a 20 amp plug when I am in my driveway. I haven't installed the 30 amp plug in my garage yet . I don't use the AC unit when I do this unless I have a thicker gauge cable as it will dangerously heat up the line and\or blow a fuse. Don't ask
So if you use a 50 amp plug converted to a 30 amp, I would only use 1 AC. The second AC unit is why you have the 50 amp plug in.

As you have heard from others, Be careful, Why did the 30 amp blow in the first place, you don't want to loose both power sources.
MuddauberE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 08:33 AM   #23
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

This is what I'd do.
But hey what do I know.

This 50-30
http://www.progressiveindustries.net/50to30_adapter.htm

Or this 30-50
http://www.progressiveindustries.net/30to50_adapter.htm

TURBS
Sabre owners united!
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote