Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-12-2015, 11:26 AM   #1

alternative to LED

Hello everyone!
Who can recommend any effective solution to save the energy? All our lamps are fluorescent. But I know that many rv owners prefer LED light. Is it really effective? I can not decide now, because the price may vary greatly on these LED lamps.
Can you say about your LED lamps? How much have you spend?
chrisdreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 12:01 PM   #2

I bought and used these:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o08_s00

They are $1.95 per bulb (make sure you get the proper base for your lamps. These are probably correct but make sure...)

LED bulbs will require 1/10 the power of a standard incandescent bulb. You can run 10 lights for the same energy as running one standard bulb. This is HUGE in your RV if you plan to boondock (not connect to shore power).

You can spend up to $10 per bulb depending where you shop but I have used these $1.95 jobs in three RVs now with no problem. And even if one does not work you didn't pay $10 for it!
Klipstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 05:33 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klipstr View Post

LED bulbs will require 1/10 the power of a standard incandescent bulb. You can run 10 lights for the same energy as running one standard bulb. This is HUGE in your RV if you plan to boondock (not connect to shore power).
Hmmm, it is really cool! I also heard that cheap bulbs are better than expensive sometimes. Possibly I will purchase from Ebay. I need for reading, kitchen, etc.

We often stay in parks as well as boondock. So we need also a solution for outdoor light. I found this https://www.mrosupply.com/lighting/l..._rab-lighting/
But it seems it will drain my battery
chrisdreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 08:35 AM   #4
Site Team

If all your lamps are fluorescent, you'll most likely have to replace the fixtures if you want to change them to LED's. It may help if you post a picture of the current fixtures.

The link you posted in your last post is for a motion sensor. There's no light attached and it's also 120 volt only.

If you need outdoor lights when boondocking, I suggest getting battery powered LED lanterns. The batteries last a long time and you can find them that provide the right light.
Old 11-13-2015, 08:37 AM   #5

I have not had much luck with LEDs. I bought both expensive and cheap and before you know it, the flicker.
2015 Keystone Bullet Travel Trailer
2016 F-150 Lariat with Auto Trailer Backup
Dog = Morki (Yorkie-Maltese) - Zoe
Malabarbob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
led