I apologize for the long post as I am trying to be thorough. I have been fiddling with this for a few days and I am stumped. Any assistance is appreciated.
Patient is a 2021 Forest River Cherokee Wolf Pup 16pfbl. Driven BT3200 radio. King Jack power injector. Fixed omni antenna
- Poor to non-existent radio reception
- No digital channels detected during tv scan
What I have done:
- Traced and labeled all coax wires I could find.
- At the King Jack Power Injector, I verified power to the jack. I also verified power is supplied to the antenna when the button is pressed.
- Connected the antenna to the proper port. removed the splitter from the equation and connected the radio coax directly to "TV2" port on the jack.
No change. Radio reception is non-existent. Power button on or off. No change
I used a new RG6 cable and went from the radio to the jack. taking the factory cable out of the equation. No change powered or unpowered.
I used an adapter and connected the new radio RG6 directly to the antenna bypassing the jack. The antenna would be unpowered in this setup. No change
I touched the center wire only to the center wire only of the antenna rg6. Instantly spectacular reception on the radio. even better than the auto store antenna
Connected an RG6 to the TV. Extended a 25' extension cord out of the camper and touched only the center wire on the RG6 to the ground pin on the extension cord. Then did the channel scan. 13 digital channels found vs 0 found connected to the antenna.
Connected my multimeter to the rg6 from the antenna. Center pin and shielding do not have continutity and read 0 ohms resistance.
Given test #4 and #5 results, I am guessing I am looking for a bad connection or something between the antenna RG6 end inside the camper and the antenna? I hate to disturb the lap sealant or whatever they used on the mount. Is there anything else I can try?