Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2014, 01:43 PM   #21
Senior Member
 
Witch Doctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Clarksville Va.
Posts: 10,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eklc View Post
I wondered if it has gotten wet/hot/dirty at some point and the connection was starting to fail. Since we are at a 50amp site with a 30 amp camper we may have had a heavy draw at some point that started the breakdown. The inside of the one side of the adapter looked like it had rusted together. That's why it was so hard to get the plugs apart. It didn't hurt the camper plug at all.
Put dielectric on your prong end and in the socket, It will help water proof it and creates a better connection. I always put some on my prongs before I plug in. The picture shows overheating from either a loose connection or water penetration. It also helps like butter to pull them apart. That is what it is made for..... Did you buy that extension at Wally World? They sell complete garbage but you get what you pay for. Get a Camco 30 amp extension. That is an end off an extension cord correct 30 amp?
__________________
Coachmen M/H
Concord
2018 / 300 DSC

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 01:59 PM   #22
Senior Member
 
Islander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Nanaimo
Posts: 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
Put dielectric on your prong end and in the socket, It will help water proof it and creates a better connection. I always put some on my prongs before I plug in. The picture shows overheating from either a loose connection or water penetration. It also helps like butter to pull them apart. That is what it is made for..... Did you buy that extension at Wally World? They sell complete garbage but you get what you pay for. Get a Camco 30 amp extension. That is an end off an extension cord correct 30 amp?
X2 I use it all the time!
__________________
'07 WildCat 30 RLBS ~ West Coast Edition ~
Trail Air - Tri Glide Pin Box
2000 F350 Lariat DRW 4x4 7.3 Diesel 89k miles
Edge programmer, 4" SS exhaust turbo/back,
Tru-Cool Max Trans Cooler, Bilstein Shocks
Vancouver Island, B.C., Canada
Islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 09:14 PM   #23
I owe it all to bacon.
 
Eklc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: West Central Illinois.
Posts: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
Put dielectric on your prong end and in the socket, It will help water proof it and creates a better connection. I always put some on my prongs before I plug in. The picture shows overheating from either a loose connection or water penetration. It also helps like butter to pull them apart. That is what it is made for..... Did you buy that extension at Wally World? They sell complete garbage but you get what you pay for. Get a Camco 30 amp extension. That is an end off an extension cord correct 30 amp?

I will look for the dielectric before next camping season. The picture was for a 50 amp to 30 amp plug converter "dog bone".
Eklc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 03:21 AM   #24
Senior Member
 
Witch Doctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Clarksville Va.
Posts: 10,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eklc View Post
I will look for the dielectric before next camping season. The picture was for a 50 amp to 30 amp plug converter "dog bone".
That's fine but still get Camco with the yellow handles.... I bought some extra plug ends ( male and female) with a foot of wire pre connected from I think E-Trailer just incase of an emergency. Just pure garbage. I would be afraid to splice them in.
__________________
Coachmen M/H
Concord
2018 / 300 DSC

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 10:28 PM   #25
Senior Member
 
B and B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 10,761
Send a message via AIM to B and B
Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
That's fine but still get Camco with the yellow handles.... I bought some extra plug ends ( male and female) with a foot of wire pre connected from I think E-Trailer just incase of an emergency. Just pure garbage. I would be afraid to splice them in.

I saw those ends today. I bought a 2 foot 30 to 30 extension for 21.00 to use as a sacrificial lamb to protect my $300.00 surge suppressor.
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:49 PM.