Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-21-2013, 07:51 PM   #1

Backup camera install?

We picked up our new ROO 233S last Thursday and went camping Friday. What a nice difference from our tent trailer. Lots of room.

I want to install a backup camera on the rear bumper. I bought one that was on sale a few weeks ago. The wires at the rear light are black and red. The wires I see under the trailer that are in a plastic shield are red, white, green and brown. Would anyone know which two wires I need to use?

Thanks.
2gocamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 01:24 PM   #2

Not off hand, however, you have a few options. With the camper connected to you tow vehicle. Put the vehicle in reverse(without the engine running). Needless to say, parking brake on and chock the tires. This will give you 12 volts at the reverse lights. Use a multimeter to probe for the hot wire.

Option two. Take a light off the camper and trace the wire color to the reverse light socket.

I chose option two as I snuck the wife's for the camera in there as well, then revealed the whole area.