Originally Posted by robbiels7
Disconect the battery or plural. Cover the battery connection wires so not to touch any metal or other type of ground. Plug back into shore power. I think you probably have a bad cell in the battery and it is unstable. Dont use it untill you can replace/ test it. I hope this helps.
Thanks for the advice, disconnected the positive wires from the one battery, insulated the open ends with duct tape for the time being, and it cooling down.
Thanks for confirming what I was thinking of doing.
This will get us through the night, and I'm off to the local o'reilly's for a new battery in the morning