Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-20-2015, 12:30 PM   #21

eight hours and it couldn't be heard inside my aframe
Gramps42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 01:17 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klipstr View Post
Four hours with the generator running? Were you ready to kill yourself afterwards!

Solar baby! You'll feel better!
Oh hell if you are talking to me YES four hours of generator to feed incandescent lighting abuse, in an ignorantly planned one battery system THAT MADE ME crazy. THAT WAS A BORROWED TOY HAULER .and even in that one I bought it a second battery and learned to put in on my own battery charger overnight, before I used it the second time.

In our Trailer I am all about the solar, the LEDS, power management and battery management. IF the Gen is on for four hours it is because we are dying and I have to have the AC for four hours
Tom48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 11:14 AM   #23

Something I haven't seen but would like to mention. Do not move the trailer with the trailer battery dead! If, God forbid, your trailer were to break lose the electric breaks will not work. They need thhe trailer battery to work when the emergency cable release is pulled. Once your trailer becomes disconnected from your TV the only power the brakes would have would come from the trailer battery.

It is not worth the chance, charge the battery before going anywhere.

Jim
oldtool2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 11:17 AM   #24
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtool2 View Post
Something I haven't seen but would like to mention. Do not move the trailer with the trailer battery dead! If, God forbid, your trailer were to break lose the electric breaks will not work. They need thhe trailer battery to work when the emergency cable release is pulled. Once your trailer becomes disconnected from your TV the only power the brakes would have would come from the trailer battery.

It is not worth the chance, charge the battery before going anywhere.

Jim
And "technically" illegal to have a non functioning breakaway system.

TURBS
2008 duramax
2015 columbus 320RS
2015 camping "31 nights"
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 12:01 PM   #25

Battery on TT dead

Interstate batteries pictured must be 12v batteries. You would get more bang for your buck by wiring them together in parallel. This gives you 12v at twice the amp hours.
If I misinterpreted your picture, forgive me.
camper Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 12:10 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBS View Post
And "technically" illegal to have a non functioning breakaway system.

TURBS
2008 duramax
2015 columbus 320RS
2015 camping "31 nights"
True, but the reason I mentioned it is because many do not realize this. They think as long as they hook to the tv they are good to go.

Been seeing a lot of posts lately about dead batteries so want to make sure members are aware of this.

Jim
oldtool2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 12:11 PM   #27
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I agree, which is why I quoted you
[emoji6]

TURBS
2008 duramax
2015 columbus 320RS
2015 camping "31 nights"
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags