Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-29-2023, 11:09 AM   #1
DJL

battery storage switch

I have a 2016 Thor Windsport K27 and looking for some help with the house battery storage switch located at the door steps. This switch has a 6 wire post. Two red wires, two white, and two yellow wires. They are not connected to the switch. Currently just loose. Does anyone know which wire goes to what post on the switch?
I haven’t been able to find any information on what goes where.
DJL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2023, 11:30 AM   #2

Don't have a Thor but is the switch a MOMENTARY ON/OFF/MOMENTARY ON rocker switch and also do you have a battery control center box (BCC) or is your battery disconnect solenoid visible (in the open)? It would look similar to this.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sawqe.JPG
Views:	12
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	287832  
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2023, 12:19 PM   #3
DJL

Yes I do have a relay somewhere in this circuit. I hear it clicking when I turn the switch on and off. Not sure where it is located in this unit though. However my issue is with the actual switch that controls that relay. Not sure how the wires connect to the toggle switch. I have a picture but I don’t know how to attach it. Sorry
DJL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2023, 12:49 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJL View Post
Yes I do have a relay somewhere in this circuit. I hear it clicking when I turn the switch on and off. Not sure where it is located in this unit though. However my issue is with the actual switch that controls that relay. Not sure how the wires connect to the toggle switch. I have a picture but I don’t know how to attach it. Sorry
So, the switch was removed without wire termination notes. OK I do understand about wanting to know the wire connections to the switch and trying to find out if you can see the relay wire terminations on the relay. The center switch posts will go to the relay small studs (ref picture) on the front of the relay. One of the wires should have 12Vdc on it and one of the wires should go to ground. The other 2 wires are typically jumpers that reverse the 12Vdc to the relay when the switch is actuated in an opposite direction to switch the relay to an opposite position. Are any of the wires spliced (Jumper'd) together?
Old 05-29-2023, 01:05 PM   #5

You did not verify that the switch is a 3 position (momON/OFF/mom ON)rocker switch or just an ON/OFF switch.
Old 05-29-2023, 01:17 PM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
I have a 2016 Thor Windsport K27 and looking for some help with the house battery storage switch located at the door steps. This switch has a 6 wire post. Two red wires, two white, and two yellow wires. They are not connected to the switch. Currently just loose. Does anyone know which wire goes to what post on the switch?

Just so you know, this Forum is primarily for owners of Forest River products, which your Thor product is not.
So you'll have to provide more specific information and pics since no one here will have your model and won't know what goes where.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Forest River Forums mobile app
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 11:34 AM   #7

Quote:
Similar question for me with a Tracer 24RKS.

I couldn’t see ANY effect of pulling the switch out or pushing it in. Everything seemed to work the same. Forrest River did reply saying it should disconnect power to the Slideout and the electric Stabilizer Legs. Nope!

So I took a look at the switch. It has two terminals. One terminal has two red wires to it, the other has one. So I removed the one wire entirely from the terminal. Now the switch definitely is “off” and the circuit is broken.

Does anything not operate? Nope. Everything seems to work just fine. No shore power connection, no connection to my hitch on the truck. Only the battery connected. Slideouts, stabilizers, lights, fridge tries to ignite gas.

Something is not right but what are we supposed to look at to determine that? No wiring diagrams seem to be available anywhere.

I’ve also added the side furion cameras to the pre wires location. Don’t work as expected and furion says it’s a wiring thing. Hmmm…

So if anyone has 2016 Thor Windsport K27 wiring info or 2021 Primetime Tracer 24RKS info… we are both in need.
HankUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 01:09 PM   #8

Quote:
Excerpt from a post

You have a red and white on each end, but wired opposite of each other so that voltage is applied to the yellow wires in one direction when the switch is moved one way, and the opposite direction when the switch is moved the other way.
If USE is STORE and STORE is USE, swap the yellow wires.