Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-28-2021, 05:03 PM   #1

Bedroom Lights and Vanity Lights on Slideout not working: Forester Classic 3051s

Hello All,

Posting for my in laws who recently picked up a 2018 Forester Classic 3051s.

Recently, they had a bad storm and the slider was out. There seemed to be no issues until the other day, when a puddle was found on the bed which seemed to have dripped out of the furthest rear, reading light above the bed. From that point, that light was removed to dry it out as it was no longer functioning.

After reinstalling the light still did not work but the other lights on that "run" did (other reading light and vanity lights). A multi meter was used to see if the light itself was getting power and apparently after that none of the lights in question, functioned.

I was outside for a bit searching with my father inlaw for any sort of breaker boxes or fuses that may have shorted causing the current problem. We removed the (wooden) panels by the main entry, under the ref
rigerator and under the oven as well. The only panel we found that coulvdve helped was the main panel underneath the refrigerator, in which all fuses were checked. The outlets on the slider, where the lights in question are located, also function, so it does seem to be an isolated issue.

We removed the panels/mattress supports under the bed to see if we could find/trace any wires and resolve, but none were found.

Does anyone have any idea where those wires shoot down and join up with any electrical junction?

From what I've read, every unit is different and what someone says will probably not work for this unit, but the fact that this system is on the slide out would have to narrow the locations down a bit and increase my odds of getting some help... I would think...

Thanks in advance for any assistance that can be offered!!!
msmith74790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2021, 06:48 PM   #2

I had a late 2017 3051 the 12 volt and 120 VAC wiring that went to the slide connected under the bed platform. There were three 12 volt feeds that were spliced together.
That unit should have the one control system. The lighting module is behind the removable wood panel in the stairway. There is only power feed to the module but there may be multiple fuses in the module. They are software programmed as to which loads they protect.

If I recall that module was protected by a fuse in the battery control center, also located in the stairwell.

2021 Newmar Baystar 3401
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk toad
2017.5 Forester 3051S Traded 7/2020
Steve-W is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
305, 3051s, bed, bedroom, forester, light, roo, slide