Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-08-2015, 08:01 PM   #21
Site Team

Yes 50 amp is readily available in rv parks. I've seen a few with 30 amp only but you just use your little 30/50 adapter to plug in and only use one A/C.

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 08:28 AM   #22

Thanks, this has been excellent feedback. I was leaning towards the one with 50 Amp service and option to add second air conditioning unit.
esloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 10:13 AM   #23

We got the 50amp with 2nd AC in our 5th wheel. Most of the sites we camp with are 30 amp or offer 50 amp in certain areas but we camp with other family members so we like to stay next to each other (they all have 30 amp only).

Anyways, Labor Day weekend was the first time we've had issues with tripping the 30 amp breaker. Between it being 90-92 degrees outside, the main AC unit running full blast (15k unit) and the electric hot water tank, every now and then we would trip it. Use the microwave and forget about it.... Never used the 2nd AC yet BUT the main AC was doing all it could to maintain it being comfortable.

I'd go with the 50AMP personally.
Old 09-11-2015, 12:50 PM   #24
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by blwnsmoke View Post
We got the 50amp with 2nd AC in our 5th wheel. Most of the sites we camp with are 30 amp or offer 50 amp in certain areas but we camp with other family members so we like to stay next to each other (they all have 30 amp only).

Anyways, Labor Day weekend was the first time we've had issues with tripping the 30 amp breaker. Between it being 90-92 degrees outside, the main AC unit running full blast (15k unit) and the electric hot water tank, every now and then we would trip it. Use the microwave and forget about it.... Never used the 2nd AC yet BUT the main AC was doing all it could to maintain it being comfortable.

I'd go with the 50AMP personally.
When running 50 to 30 I would run the water heater on propane so if you need the microwave it will keep on running.
elind is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
50 amp, service