Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-03-2023, 11:38 PM   #1

Blown Fuse

TS2 stabilizer jacks on my 2020 2511S Mini Light blew a 30 amp fuse two days in a row.
Got to our site yesterday and the circuit was dead at both power switches. Checked the fuse (blown) and changed it out. Hand over hand inspection of all exposed two conductor cables underneath trailer from motors to bottom barrier showed no nicks, scraps or tears.
Both front and rear stabilizers functioned as designed. In the morning they retracked no problem.
After a 461 mile tow today we got to our site and again the fuse had blown. It was late evening and had no time to trouble shoot. Replaced the fuse and set them out to help prevent wind/trailer sway. Pulled the 30amp DC fuse till it's needed in the morning. Will remove the TS2 fuse before hitting the road tomorrow. After raising them to the locked positions.
Hopefully tomorrow I will have time to look at the switch terminations, ring them out with a multi-meter to find the (traveling) short.
Why would it blow a 30amp fuse while in the retracted mode and trailer in tow?
Must be a loose positive termination, yes? To one of the two rocker switches?
Hope there isn't a loose connection from the dc panel out to the switches. Bottom of TT is enclosed.
Any previous experience with these stabilizers will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
2021 Days Camping 184
2022 Days Camping 126
2023 Days Camping 128
TwoKozy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2023, 11:15 PM   #2

PS2X by Lipett.
2021 Days Camping 184
2022 Days Camping 126
2023 Days Camping 128
TwoKozy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 06:54 AM   #3

My 30 amp fuse says tank heaters and nothing says Stab Jacks.
I pulled my 30 amp breaker and the stab jacks still worked.

From the looks of it the motors only draw around 5 amps so more than likely more things on the circuit than just the jacks. May want to try and find out what else does not work with fuse out.

This is where a wiring diagram that Rockwood will not divulge would come in handy.
Husky CenterLine WDH
GolfingDave is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuse