Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-20-2020, 04:38 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by babock View Post
No
What else do you think may have caused the issue? I was hooked to shore power. The battery switch was on. The SOC decreased over several hours. And the current showed a negative rate.

The PD4655LIV was blinking green slowly.

Thanks.

EDIT: I'm looking in the manual, but can't find out if it's possible. Does the Xantrex have a setting that bypasses shore power and pulls off the battery, even if hooked to shore power? Maybe I did that by accident. But I can't tell if that's possible. Refrigerator is the only thing on the inverter.

EDIT 2: looks like. Maybe I was in bypass mode and didn't realize it.
Old 07-20-2020, 07:13 PM   #22

just a thought. are you sure you have the battery connected to the battery side of the shunt and the load to the load side of the shunt? if they were reversed the 2.71 amp flowing into the batteries would be indicated as -2.71. again, just a thought
Old 07-20-2020, 08:03 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHICKDOE View Post
just a thought. are you sure you have the battery connected to the battery side of the shunt and the load to the load side of the shunt? if they were reversed the 2.71 amp flowing into the batteries would be indicated as -2.71. again, just a thought
yep. it worked fine after zeroing the last time out. But this time after I hooked up to shore power, I noticed the SOC was at 76%. So I checked it a few hours later and it said it was at 75%. That's when I noticed the current was negative.

There's a good chance I just messed up the inverter settings. It's mounted in the front storage compartment. The only way to see it well is to move stuff out of the way, stick my head into the compartment and contort myself to see the screen. So this time, I just reached in blind to push the power button on before the trip.

After this experience, I think I may move the mounting location closer to the door to see it better.