Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-27-2012, 02:58 PM   #1

Boily generators??

I am ready to buy a generator but want to hear from someone who has been using a Boily for a reasonable time. Need to know it's reliability! I like the price for the 3600 but can't decide to buy two Honda's or Boily. Anyone help me make up my mind!
waynes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 03:05 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Just has this discussion a while back. Check out this thread, http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...tor-10691.html

Might also do a search for generator and see what comes up. Popular topic.
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 04:50 PM   #3

I don't have personal experience with the Boliy, but it does have a good reputation. You can get a pair of factory reconditioned 2000 watt Champions and the parallel kit for $879 (2) 73531i Champion 2000w Inverters Generator Manufacturer Refurbished Kit 896682735312 | eBay

I have that setup and am very happy with it. They have the same low noise level as the Honda.

Joel
Great Horned Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 10:47 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes View Post
I am ready to buy a generator but want to hear from someone who has been using a Boily for a reasonable time. Need to know it's reliability! I like the price for the 3600 but can't decide to buy two Honda's or Boily. Anyone help me make up my mind!
Here is link to my video to give you a real idea of the sound level.
Save your money and buy a Boliy

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 06:07 AM   #5

Send a message via Skype™ to DAISY BOYKIN
I love my Boliy-----------

I love my Boliy generator. Ziggy's video tells it all. We purchased at the same time. My purchase was $980.00 shipped from Ca to FL. At 68 lbs dry it is hard to beat. I can run my 15K btu a/c, all at the same time. Even plugged in the hair dryer just to see if it would handle the load, no problem.

The boliy come with a gas tank that will run about 4 1/2 hours under full load. I modified my Boliy by adding a fuel pump, connections for the gas connection from the 3 1/2 gal gas outboard tank that will run it for about 12 hours under full load. The gas tank mod is a big plus, very simple to do.
Or you can purchase the kit from a place here in Florida. But I put my own kit together for about $75.00 which includes the 3 1/2 gallon gas tank. It fits nicely in to the storage compartment of my Rockwood 8285 WS. Or I can haul it between the hitch and the front of the truck bed. I also installed security rings (2) to the back of the generator to run a cable through for locking security when stored outside.

For about $10.00 more you can get electric start which adds about 15 more pounds to the weight of the Boliy.

For info about the higher fuel capacity mod you can PM me.
TST Truck System Technologies TM-507SE
DAYS CAMPED 2023 69 DAYS
[SIGPIC][/SI[SIGPIC]
DAISY BOYKIN is offline   Reply With Quote