Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-08-2020, 07:05 PM   #1

Can I replace my Forester circuit board?

Looks like I need to replace the circuit board that is in the box under the panel in the stairwell of our Forester (2017). Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9151.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	383.4 KB
ID:	244273
It seems like I should be able to replace this myself if I detach house battery (neg connection) unscrew two screws and one nut. And then carefully (based on photo) replace all connections as they are now. Or, is it more difficult than that?
Any special cautions?
And then, where can I buy a replacement panel online? I can't seem to locate one. Not exactly sure what to search on.
Thanks,
Dan
Cyberstork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 11:21 AM   #2

I don't know of any special tools required when doing this sort of work I unplug from shore power and disconnect both neg and positive cables (maybe not required but something I do) I would reach out to FR and see if they will supply the board or point you in the right direction to obtain one.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 11:02 PM   #3

Your going to want to disconnect the positive battery cables from both the house and chassis before removing the board. The risk of arcing either to ground are high. Each of the terminals on the isolation solenoid connect to one of the batteries. Precision Circuits has a document explaining how to remove the board.

Why do you need to replace the board?

2021 Newmar Baystar 3401
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk toad
2017.5 Forester 3051S Traded 7/2020
Steve-W is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forester