Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-08-2022, 06:13 PM   #1

Cherokee Total Control Flashing Code

Hi all! We’ve recently run into a problem with our 2022 Alpha Wolf. Equipped with the “Cherokee Total Control” system. Problem is… nothing is working on it! Everything else in the RV works, but the components on this panel. I’ve had my RV Tech out who is Lippert certified, and went through all of the diagnostics with tech support. And after running all of the tests, Lippert acknowledged that the Unity X180t HD assembly (main board assembly behind the touch panel at entry door) was bad and covered under warranty and sent a new one.

In the process of all of this, I noticed what I thought was another problem. Our converter cooling fan was NEVER shutting off. I personally called WFCO and they ran through the trouble shooter and diag with me over the phone, and by their accounts… the converter was operating as normal. I questioned their telephone diag, and ordered another one as a “just in case” when the new Unity board arrived from Lippert.

Fast forward to delivery day of Unity board. Tech comes over and installs it. Same problem… flashing code 5 times. I then told him to change the converter. Which he did… it still didn’t fix the Total Control, but the cooling fan is no longer running on the converter.

We are now waiting on Lippert (I think). My RV Tech has a call out to them to try and get the monitor panel assembly replaced. This is the touchpad or circuit board behind it.

Does anyone have some insight they could provide on this? Or has anyone had anything remotely close happen with your rig? The part that worries me the most… if you google either one of those part numbers, it displays 2 results. We are stump and really don’t want to leave our rig at the dealership for months as they have pretty much useless since signing the purchase agreement.
AlphaDogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2022, 12:39 PM   #2

A little more info I’ve received from Lippert. Lippert is telling me that the “Total Control” monitor panel is a Forest River issue. So with that being said… could anyone help me with an updated contact over at Forest River? The number provided by Lippert is just a voicemail. And after what seems like chasing our tail for 2 months, we will be up against winter months without any way to get our pump back up and running to winterize. Starting to get desperate here…. Thanks!
AlphaDogg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cherokee