Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-19-2020, 03:03 PM   #1

Question Circuit Breaker issues

Should I hire an electrician?

I’m a newbie. Two electrical outlets in my kitchen and one at my kitchen table do not work. I turned off all circuit breakers and turned them all back on. Electrical outlets still do not work. I removed a #15 fuse from another slot and placed into my kitchen slot, to see if maybe I have a faulty fuse, but electrical outlets still do not work. So now, maybe I have a circuit issue. Not sure where to go from here. I have a newer Impression. Thanks in advance, if anyone has any insight!
Jaz714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 03:09 PM   #2

Are any of them gfci outlets, check for tripped ones

(2013 Ford F150 Crewcab Ecoboost traded)
Mowgli64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 03:23 PM   #3

It says it’s GFci protected, but there’s no button to push. I’ll keep looking for one. Good idea, thank you
Old 09-19-2020, 03:25 PM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz714 View Post
It says it’s GFci protected, but there’s no button to push. I’ll keep looking for one. Good idea, thank you
Look for the resettable GFI outlet in the bathroom.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 03:26 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Should I hire an electrician?

I’m a newbie. Two electrical outlets in my kitchen and one at my kitchen table do not work. I turned off all circuit breakers and turned them all back on. Electrical outlets still do not work. I removed a #15 fuse from another slot and placed into my kitchen slot, to see if maybe I have a faulty fuse, but electrical outlets still do not work. So now, maybe I have a circuit issue. Not sure where to go from here. I have a newer Impression. Thanks in advance, if anyone has any insight!

Let's start with some basics and see if it helps. RV's will have one or more main GFCI outlets, and then have other outlets daisy-chained/connected downstream of this main GFCI outlet.

If the main GFCI outlet trips, then not only will it not work, but all of the other outlets wired off of it won't either.

Also if the main GFCI outlet has a bad wiring connection, or do the other outlets downstream of it, they may not work. This does happen too.

What you want to do is to locate your main GFCI outlet, as you may have more than one. These main GFCI outlets are usually located near sinks (bathroom or kitchen) and sometimes can be up under neath a counter/cabinet.

You are looking for an outlet that will have a test/reset button on it, and to press the reset button should it be tripped. You must be connected to a form of 120 volt AC power (shore or generator) for the GFCI outlet to be able to reset.

See if this video may help

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 03:43 PM   #6

Thank You! That was it! The gfci sticker was upside down, so I didn’t read that it was GFcI protected. Found the reset button in the bathroom. A million thank yous for your help.
Old 09-19-2020, 03:55 PM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Thank You! That was it! The gfci sticker was upside down, so I didn’t read that it was GFcI protected. Found the reset button in the bathroom. A million thank yous for your help.

Excellent, glad you got it solved. And welcome to the forums.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
breaker