Old 02-24-2020, 07:23 PM   #1

Coachmen/Forest River 12v outlet plate replacement

Our 12v snap in (2pl) power outlet plates have broke and we can not find any place to buy these. Has anyone else found a replacement location?

Thanks for any help

Robert and Joyce Jordan
Winnsboro Texas
robjordan406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 09:29 PM   #2

Can you post a picture? I started to respond but then saw you said 12v. I have replaced the 110v ones in my Coachmen. I am not sure which ones you are talking about.
Old 02-25-2020, 07:26 AM   #3

Its also the 110v too... sorry....
robjordan406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 03:04 PM   #4

I found those outlets at a local RV dealer. The factory tightens them too tight and they crack. They are not easy to replace because of the way the wires are attached. I found a you tube video on how to replace using a c-clamp. I have replaced a few of mine.
Depending on location, I have actually used regular house boxes and outlets. They make shallow boxes and you might have to open the holes slightly, but that's the way to go and cheaper as well. Don't know how handy you are, but it's not too difficult to do. I replace/repair most things myself so I know it's done right. If you don't feel comfortable doing it, you might have a buddy that will help you. Just make sure you unplug from shore power and turn off converter before you start. Hope this helps. Ron

Tags
coachmen, forest river, replacement