Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-04-2022, 04:51 PM   #1

Converter location

Ok so hello.

We are new to the forums. And newish to fifth wheel life. We have been full time for just about a year and a half. We are living in the trailer at an rv park while our stick build home is constructed. So we have checked the cargo holds, behind the electrical panel and are now checking under the bed in our forest river 35Rok, 2014. Under the mattress was a sheet of plywood. We unscrewed that and found another sheet of plywood. Before we go further (running out of room) anyone know for sure where the converter on this model is?

We had a water incident (now fixed) at a valve on the hot water heater. Replaced that.

But, the same day we discovered the leak we heard a muffled beep and a thump. Since then we are really struggling to keep our lights and fridge on. We are plugged into a park and have our 12volt charged.

The only thing my hub can think of is that something on the converter needs to be reset because it must have gotten water too.

Thoughts?
Frstrvr40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 04:58 PM   #2
Site Team

Since you didn't post the brand of your trailer nor have it listed in your profile, my research says it's probably a Sandpiper. Forest River has about 100 different brand names.
Therefore, since you're asking for model-specific information, I moved your thread to the Sandpiper sub-forum.
If it's not a Sandpiper, let me know what brand it is and I'll move it to the appropriate sub-forum.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 05:21 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frstrvr40 View Post
Before we go further (running out of room) anyone know for sure where the converter on this model is?
Is your converter /not/ built into the bottom of your power distribution panel, at about knee height, next to the steps (on the right side as you're going up), same wall but below the thermostat?
15kBTU AC; 12v fridge; 1kW roof-mounted solar panels; 80 amp MPPT charge controller; 3,500w pure sine wave inverter; 30a automatic transfer switch; MicroAir EasyStart, 600ah Chins LiFePo; Honda EU2200i (with Hutch Mountain propane conversion kit) gathering dust in the storage unit.
Rhumblefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 05:28 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhumblefish View Post
Is your converter /not/ built into the bottom of your power distribution panel, at about knee height, next to the steps (on the right side as you're going up), same wall but below the thermostat?
We found it. Under trailer there was a panel toward the area that is under the water heater.

Now I think the plan is take the converter to an rv repair shop to have them test it. Maybe it’s shot.

Thank you so much for responding. I swear all I had to do was ask and then he found it lol. After three evenings of tearing the trailer apart looking.

Cross your fingers that tomorrow we are back to normal 5th wheel living !
Old 02-04-2022, 05:29 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Since you didn't post the brand of your trailer nor have it listed in your profile, my research says it's probably a Sandpiper. Forest River has about 100 different brand names.
Therefore, since you're asking for model-specific information, I moved your thread to the Sandpiper sub-forum.
If it's not a Sandpiper, let me know what brand it is and I'll move it to the appropriate sub-forum.
Thank you. Yes sandpiper 35rok
Old 02-04-2022, 05:50 PM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frstrvr40 View Post
We found it. Under trailer there was a panel toward the area that is under the water heater.

Now I think the plan is take the converter to an rv repair shop to have them test it. Maybe it’s shot.

Thank you so much for responding. I swear all I had to do was ask and then he found it lol. After three evenings of tearing the trailer apart looking.

Cross your fingers that tomorrow we are back to normal 5th wheel living !
Your converter is UNDER your trailer? Can you post a pic of that panel under your trailer?

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, converter, location