Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-16-2021, 01:03 AM   #1

Converter Model Identification

Hello all,

Newbie here. Been stalking this forum for about 6 months prepping for the purchase of a Cherokee 22rr in April. This is my first TT and I was pleasantly surprised to see the lithium-ready sticker when I picked it up. Asked the dealer about it and they just said they don’t do lithium upgrades and couldn’t tell me much about it.

Did a couple overnight boondocks on the way home from picking it up and been camping with full or partial hook ups so far with no issues. Probably won’t be doing much boondocking at first so just looking to convert to a single lithium battery so I can move it inside. All I have read on here is that some WFCOs may not fully charge lithium. So I called Battle Born to see if what I have is good. The solar controller seems to be good but there is some question whether the charger/converter is fully compatible. This is only because neither they nor I can find any information in the googlesphere for the model number shown (WF-8955PEC-GE). The rep said he believes the only WFCO model that is compatible is the WF-8955-B-LiS which has a switch.

My question is, can anyone tell me (1) if this model is fully compatible and (2) where to look for the switch to see if there is one? I plan to pull it apart this weekend.

Thanks.
CAHogman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 07:24 AM   #2
Trailer Park Supervisor

Welcome Hogman, put your rig model and tow vehicle in your signature line so everybody knows what you have for further questions.

I looked up the 8955, and looked at manual, did not see any Li profile selector. It will still work, but will not charge it to 100%. The solar on the other hand, WILL shove that extra bit into the battery if the controller has a Li profile.

If you scroll down on this page, you can see the models that are switchable, they have an 'Li' in the model number. https://wfcoelectronics.com/product-...f-8900-series/
NJKris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 09:20 AM   #3

Thanks, Kris. I'll update the information.

So even though it's not ideal performance, my equipment will work. Still didn't see the GE model on the list. But I did see what the switch looks like and can look for it. Will also consider an aftermarket upgrade depending on how this works out.
Old 06-16-2021, 09:52 AM   #4
Trailer Park Supervisor

TitanMike was one of early adopters of those batteries, he's kind of an expert if you talk to him.
NJKris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 10:10 AM   #5

The WFCO website has manuals for model series only, not individual models - - i.e. "8900 series" but not "8955PEC-GE".
I don't know but suspect that the GE designation means that GE circuit breakers are used in that model - - but I am frequently wrong .
At any rate, the "lithium ready" sticker doesn't mean much if they didn't put a lithium ready power center in the TT. And they didn't. See attached photo of spec page of manuals. Your power center is only for LA or AGM.
For WFCO, at least, to be lithium compatible, it must have that LiS designation at the end of the model number.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WFCO.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	370.6 KB
ID:	257145  
yukongold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 11:13 AM   #6

open the distribution panel and see what the label says.

Renogy bits: 3000W Inverter/Charger, 400Ah LiFePo4, 40A DC-to-DC
Rich Solar bits: 400W of panels, 40A MPPT
Misc bits: LevelMatePro+, SolidRemote based wireless controlled LED storage lighting
jbflag21ds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 12:05 PM   #7

Thanks. Did that and it's the reason for the original post. I think Yukon provided what I needed to know.

2021 Cherokee 22RR
2015 Tahoe w/Max Trailering Pkg

Tags
cat, converter