Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-19-2018, 08:14 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManlyMan View Post
Much ado about nothing in my opinion.
X2 Also I imagine most RV manufactures use the same light. My 2019 Hemisphere light is the exact same style as was on my 2013 Springdale.
Hensley Hitch
Cabinfever97 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 08:28 AM   #22

while I understand the OP's thought process, i disagree with his statement on danger.

nothing wrong with upgrading, but the comment on Dangerous cheap out, is just that, "dangerous"
Old 04-19-2018, 09:22 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270S View Post
Just rubbed the wrong way by your choice of words - stop defending these bullies or they will never change!

If you want them to change then lobby the govt to make the standards better. Bullies? Good lord.
Old 04-19-2018, 12:25 PM   #24

I will plead guilty to using a slightly sensational headline, although nothing in comparison to many newspapers and certainly not fake news.

My intention is simply to get folks to think about what I consider a safety issue. I appreciate it when someone else uses this forum to point out things that I might not think of by myself, so I am just doing the same.

Disclaimer: The actual value of my "Two Cents" of advice varies just like a bitcoin.
Bluepill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 12:49 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluepill View Post
I will plead guilty to using a slightly sensational headline, although nothing in comparison to many newspapers and certainly not fake news.

My intention is simply to get folks to think about what I consider a safety issue. I appreciate it when someone else uses this forum to point out things that I might not think of by myself, so I am just doing the same.
I think it's great you pointed it out. That's what a forum like this is for.
babock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 01:18 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluepill View Post

Thanks, I much prefer LED lights/bulbs anyway and was thinking about replacing all the bulbs with LEDs over time, inside and out.
Old 04-19-2018, 03:55 PM   #27

Send a message via AIM to B and B
On my list of must haves when purchasing a new Fifth Wheel was LED lights on the rear. I have them on my new one. Some other features like silly gimics like tablet control of your trailer where not looked at as being important.
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 04:27 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by B and B View Post
On my list of must haves when purchasing a new Fifth Wheel was LED lights on the rear. I have them on my new one. Some other features like silly gimics like tablet control of your trailer where not looked at as being important.
Now B&B that surprises Me that you would not like that "Tablet Control Crap" being a Computer Geek and all! Do you at least have the Outside Lights on "Flash" all night or Sync to "RAP Noise"! Youroo!!
Old 04-19-2018, 05:52 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by babock View Post
I am curious to know exactly what you find when you do this. I am reluctant to remove the existing fixture because I am not sure what is behind it. Did they leave a large hole?

Also if I do this I still need to have an additional light for the plate because one side has a white area to light up the licence plate.

I put LED bulbs in but I am less than pleased. You can see them lit up better but with lights on for the camera it is hard to see the brake lights defeating the purpose so I swapped back to incandescent bulbs.
dbledan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 05:54 PM   #30

Send a message via AIM to B and B
Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Now B&B that surprises Me that you would not like that "Tablet Control Crap" being a Computer Geek and all! Do you at least have the Outside Lights on "Flash" all night or Sync to "RAP Noise"! Youroo!!
I am that Youroo!! When I camp switches and wire work just fine to run the slides and awning!!
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 08:02 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbledan View Post
I am curious to know exactly what you find when you do this. I am reluctant to remove the existing fixture because I am not sure what is behind it. Did they leave a large hole?
Very small hole that the wires pass through on my Coachmen.

Will be putting some sealant on the back of the light when I mount my new ones.
babock is offline   Reply With Quote