Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-25-2020, 04:19 AM   #1
2013 Georgetown XL 377

Dead Leg!

After 1 year of trying to track down a dead leg that has lead to many of sleepless nights. By accident I found the cause of my power issue. I lost half the power to my 2013 Georgetown 377 TS. I’ve replaced the PTS, Converter, GFI, New Breaker, and tracing all the wires from beginning to end Checking connections, junction boxes, I still could not find the problem. It wasn’t until I noticed a mouse issue in my rig inside the cabinet over the cockpit that I found the cause. Upon inspection of my rig looking to make sure mice haven’t set up camp anywhere else inside, I pulled out the bottom drawer below the cabinet in my bedroom I found this, see pic. A junction box that was practically hidden under the drawer. I hooked up my voltmeter to the dead outlet on the side of my bed, pulled the cover of the junction box and started moving wires, and wouldn’t you know it, the first set of hot wires I tugged the voltmeter came to life. I’ve thought I went through all the junction boxes but this box I didn’t see due to the angle which I was standing and the limited space, I just didn’t see it. I had to pull the drawer off it’s tracks to access an area I thought where mice were entering my rig. That’s how I found this box. Thank to all of you who helped, it sure paid off. Click image for larger version

Name:	B4C59174-383D-47B6-AC87-4F45C4D28929.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	365.2 KB
ID:	229827
Georgetown377 is offline   Reply With Quote