Old 09-28-2020, 06:59 PM   #1

Disable Light Switches

We recently purchased a 2021 Isata 5 36DS. We love the coach, but are trying to work around having a 5 year old and 2 year old on board. One major issue for my 2 year old is always wanting to push the push button light switches. In fact, he canít leave them alone ha.

I am interested in some way to disable some of the switch panels. I have looked at baby proof items but I donít think any of them will really work for covering these types of buttons. So my next thought is to possibly disable the switches by pulling their fuses, but I donít know which ones would be correct and Iím not sure what other ramifications that might have.

Anyone have this experience or have any suggestions?
Dkintgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 07:55 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dkintgen View Post
We recently purchased a 2021 Isata 5 36DS. We love the coach, but are trying to work around having a 5 year old and 2 year old on board. One major issue for my 2 year old is always wanting to push the push button light switches. In fact, he can’t leave them alone ha.

I am interested in some way to disable some of the switch panels. I have looked at baby proof items but I don’t think any of them will really work for covering these types of buttons. So my next thought is to possibly disable the switches by pulling their fuses, but I don’t know which ones would be correct and I’m not sure what other ramifications that might have.

Anyone have this experience or have any suggestions?
If all of the switches are located on the same control panel then all of the line (power feed) side of the switches are likely jumped together, put a master switch on the main power feed that is difficult for little hands to reach, or manipulate. Get on Amazon and look at 12VDC switches, there's many styles to choose from, including keyed switches and covered switches.

Or if you really want to get fancy -

https://www.amazon.com/YETOR-Anti-Th...NsaWNrPXRydWU=
Old 09-29-2020, 07:58 AM   #3

welcome to the forum its a great place to get your questions answered. You are going to get many suggestion you may not agree with like mine it's easer and better in my opinion to correct behavior then do a mechanical work around and allow misbehavior to continue with that said pulling fuses will kill all your lights if you really want to do this disconnect the power from each switch keep in mind this not only stops the child from activating the lights but also stops you from doing the same. JMHO
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light, switch