Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-09-2012, 05:43 PM   #1

Disconnect switches

I have a 2002 Windsong just purchased. Ended up right away with a drained start battery because of radio and chart lights etc which are powered even though ignition is OFF. Is there somewhere a disconnect switch for the engine like the coach? My other motor coach had both engine and coach.
dutchduchess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:15 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchduchess View Post
I have a 2002 Windsong just purchased. Ended up right away with a drained start battery because of radio and chart lights etc which are powered even though ignition is OFF. Is there somewhere a disconnect switch for the engine like the coach? My other motor coach had both engine and coach.
I'm wondering if the chassis battery even has a disconnect. I had a class C on a Ford 450 cutaway chassis which I kept for 9 years. I had no disconnect and the battery was original when I sold it. I think you are well advised to have that battery load tested at a battery shop or just renew it. I'm guessing its the original battery and you are on borrowed time already! The draw on the chassis battery is nil when not in use.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:24 PM   #3

Battery is new. I forgot that I checked out the jacks several times on aux ignition. Iam going to west marine and buy a percentage gauge as well as a battery switch. Used to be a licensed captain and am used to a battery of gauges monitoring everything and anything to the temp in your freezer. The problem with this windsong is that even if the ignition is off,many of the dash switches still work, such as the chart lights, and you have to detach the radio to stop it showing time. But thanks for coming back. Thought someone's with s Windsong had a disconnect switch. Had both coach and engine on my pace arrow.neverhad to worry.
dutchduchess is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electrical, engine