Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-25-2021, 02:16 PM   #1

EcoFlow Delta 1300

Hello fellow Forest Riverer's!

We have a 2021 Alpha Wolf 26DBH-L and will be going to some sites this summer that don't have shore power. I recently picked up a Firman 3200 generator but also got an EcoFlow 1300 battery backup. I was going to use the 1300 for night time activities but had a question on whether I should plug the Trailer directly into the 1300 or just use it inside for the appliances I'll need. Mainly the TV and to charge our phones. I'm wondering if anyone knows if I'll drain the battery quickly (less than an hour) or if the house batteries will assist with some of the load. I know I can test it out but if anyone has real world experience that would be great.
johnnynlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 05:25 PM   #2

I was able to confirm that I can just plug the shore power into the outlet on the device. I had a question, how much juice goes to the battery to recharge the trailer batteries when I plug it in? It's a regular 120v 15a outlet so not sure how I can figure that out.
Old 03-23-2021, 06:02 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnynlin View Post
I was able to confirm that I can just plug the shore power into the outlet on the device. I had a question, how much juice goes to the battery to recharge the trailer batteries when I plug it in? It's a regular 120v 15a outlet so not sure how I can figure that out.
Yes, you can plug your solar generator directly into the shore power inlet. The problem with using your shore power inlet is the power loss of converting from DC to AC, and then some back to DC via your converter back into your house battery. There is some substantial power loss in that process.

If you have a large capacity solar generator, it is not an issue, but if you have a smaller one the loss is substantial. IMO, you are far better off just attaching the device to your DC system or directly connecting to your AC appliances via an extension cord. As to your unit, I am not family with its specs
PhilFromMaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 06:24 PM   #4

If you connect the solar generator to your trailer power cord, turn off your converter. Find the breaker for it otherwise it will charge your trailer battery’s and you’ll be draining your solar generator in no time.
Old 03-25-2021, 08:15 PM   #5

I think I'll buy a charger instead of plugging in the 30 amp to the battery generator. I'll just plug the charger into the battery generator. What's a good charger? Looking at the NOCO Genius5. I have 2 6v 232ah batteries in series.