Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-04-2020, 07:53 AM   #1

Electric shock

Needing help to trouble shoot electric current on slide. I was securing plastic trim over wheel well with a rivet since screws were missing and when I touched both sides of rivet I could feel low voltage current in my finger tips. This is the living room slide which actually has no sockets on the inside wall. I'm guessing its current from slide motor, I could no t reproduce sensation on other parts of the unit. Any ideas? 2015 Coachman 320BHDS
Scooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 07:57 AM   #2
Site Team

Are you plugged into any form of 120 volt AC shore power

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 08:06 AM   #3

Yes I am on shore power, guess that would have been helpful in my post.
Old 09-04-2020, 08:07 AM   #4
PhD, Common Sense

If the answer to the above question is yes, you may have a “hot skin” issue. Cut the power at the breaker, and then follow the trouble-shooting advice that is about to come to you like a torrent.
eye95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 08:10 AM   #5

Will do. Is This a major issue? Safety concerns, going to be using it this weekend.
Old 09-04-2020, 08:10 AM   #6

Check this video out
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 08:19 AM   #7

Well based on this I can start by changing extension cord to eliminate that.
Old 09-04-2020, 08:25 AM   #8
PhD, Common Sense

If the outlet is wired incorrectly, changing the extension cord won’t fix the problem.

Seriously, get a meter and check step-by-step the things you are about to be told to check.

My entire kitchen in my house was wired incorrectly. We did not discover this until we redid the kitchen top-to-bottom. Do not count on electrical installers to have done their job correctly! It may not be just the extension cord.
eye95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 08:53 AM   #9
Site Team

When you unplug it from shore power, the shock goes away...then it's probably a bad ground somewhere in the 120 volt AC system as Mike explains in detail here and things to check

https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...-rv-89191.html

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 02:18 PM   #10
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooper View Post
Needing help to trouble shoot electric current on slide. I was securing plastic trim over wheel well with a rivet since screws were missing and when I touched both sides of rivet I could feel low voltage current in my finger tips. This is the living room slide which actually has no sockets on the inside wall. I'm guessing its current from slide motor, I could no t reproduce sensation on other parts of the unit. Any ideas? 2015 Coachman 320BHDS
Scooper,

We would be happy to assist you with your Freedom Express. Because your ongoing satisfaction is very important to us, we invite you to contact Steve Brandenberger in our Customer service department through the following personalized and direct link: https://www.coachmenrv.com/DirectSer...46342834317631.

This direct link is provided for your convenience in order that we may resolve your concerns as quickly as possible. We will strive to respond to you within 24 hours of receiving your correspondence.

Respectfully,
Forest River
ES_FR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electric