I replaced the old converter with the one that gljurczyk
sent me, and everything works like a charm. The lights immediately peeked up from the dimmer light, which was obviously just the power coming from the battery. Works great when I briefly unhooked from the battery, and the fan now kicks on when under extra load. So if was definitely the converter/inverter. I don't know what caused the old WFCO to blow, but I did unhook from the battery for a long period with just shore power. Would that cause the WFCO to burn out??? Anyway, a huge thank you to gljurczyk
, Herk, and everyone else to get me back going again! So happy I came to this forum.