Old 03-19-2019, 06:54 AM   #41

Resistance generates heat. So you had too much corrosion or looseness between your plug blades or connections inside the plug or socket.

To address your latest no power issue, first check your Hughes plug for damage and call Hughes. It sounds like you still have not power w/o the Hughes device, so the issue is with the RV power cable or wiring system. As someone said, I would check continuity of the cable and wiring going to your distribution panel in the RV.

2019 Hemisphere GLX 314BUD with Goodyear Endurance tires
2019 RAM 2500 6.7L Cummins SRW
Husky Centerline WDH/Anti-sway
TST 507 TPMS
Dual Honda EU2200i w/extended run tank
Mad_River is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 01:40 PM   #42

Loose neutral connection

No doubt.... loose neutral connection either at receptical end or male plug end.
The bad news is its probably not possible to figure out which one caused it.... good news is they are both replaceable...

Have changed many over the years.... 45 yrs retired IBEW .... SEMPER FI

Darryl
mtarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 03:49 PM   #43

If you don't have to plug into an outlet in a compartment to use your generator but rather just start the generator up to use it then there is an automatic transfer switch involved. If everything is working when generator A/C is applied chances are you're safe from damage of the air conditioners, residential frig if you have one, tv's microwave, etc. I'm guessing that the auto transfer switch was damaged or is not getting a/c power from the shore power cord. Trace the shore power cord and it should end up at the auto transfer switch. Open it up and check the wires and connection there. You should also be able to check continuity of each of the wires with a multimeter from transfer switch to shore power plug.
Old 03-30-2019, 04:00 PM   #44
2011 Berkshire 390BH

Update . . . now the whole coach is dead. I changed out the plug (previous post) to no avail. I'm not electrically inclined enough to go any further, so made an appointment at my local Camping World (April 5).

Went out just now to do some other stuff and found the coach with dead batteries all around, coach and engine.

What gives??

How do I jump start it (rear engine Cummins)?
daverule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 05:04 PM   #45

Just like you would your car. If it's a diesel it will require more amps than a regular gas engine. I would put the coach starting batteries in a battery charger and let them charge for awhile.

Things like radios and a few other systems will be a parasitic draw on the starting battery. That is why they go dead. Not an issue on a car that gets used frequently.
Old 03-31-2019, 10:20 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by daverule View Post
Update . . . now the whole coach is dead. I changed out the plug (previous post) to no avail. I'm not electrically inclined enough to go any further, so made an appointment at my local Camping World (April 5).

Went out just now to do some other stuff and found the coach with dead batteries all around, coach and engine.

What gives??

How do I jump start it (rear engine Cummins)?
Do you have RV Towing? They can tow you to Camping World.
Solar Power & Battle Born batteries
rk06382 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
50 amp