Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-13-2018, 01:47 PM   #1

Front LED light and Bunk Light Jack not Working

Hello everyone. This my first post to this forum and this is my first camper/tent trailer. I have a 2017 Flagstaff Mac 228D. I bought it used from a private seller. The front LED light that is over the shower and the bunk light/fan jack do not work and appear to have no power. Is there anywhere to easily get a wiring schematic so I could try to trace the problem? Or any other ideas. I have a feeling that maybe it is just the wiring behind the bunk light jack and that feeds the led over the shower (since it appears to only be 3 wires that go up to the ceiling and the other three led lights and 2 jacks work). On quick removal and inspection it appeared to be connected well behind the bunk light jack. I did not put a meter on it yet. I thought I would reach out to this forum first before I get too crazy.

Thanks,
Stephen

P.S. I apologize if there is a similar thread/post out there but searching by led light brought up tons of posts and I could not find one that was similar.
swoodfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 06:29 PM   #2

Welcome

Doubtful even if a wiring schematic is available and it may be, that it is going to be much help. I would pull the LED lamps down from the ceiling and check for power at the wires to the lamps if not having done so. If there is no power, then I would pull the rest of the lamps and look for any possible bad connections. Since there are three wires going to the ceiling, one, if white and heavier may be the ground (neutral) wire, the other two wires of any color other than white or green might be fused wires coming from the converter panel 12V fuse section.

OK to go a little nuts!
Splitshaft is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bunk, led, light