Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-11-2018, 02:20 PM   #1

Fuses

I just bought a 2018 FR3 30 and last trip the fuses blew to the two power sockets on the dash I used for the GPS unit. they worked fine for about 4 hours then stopped. The GPS works in the jeep so its the outlets on the RV.
Does anyone know the fuse number/location for those two outlets before I have to pull them all?
Clamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 06:53 PM   #2
Ambassador Member

Had the same problem on my Coachmen 27KB. The fuses were in an add-on block under the left side of the dash screwed to the floor. The cause was the wires shorted on the frame of the dash where they were routed over a sharp stamped support. YMMV
Posting exclusively in the Forester/Sunseeker section for the amusement of fellow Forester/Sunseeker owners.
Duckogram is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 04:22 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clamper View Post
I just bought a 2018 FR3 30 and last trip the fuses blew to the two power sockets on the dash I used for the GPS unit. they worked fine for about 4 hours then stopped. The GPS works in the jeep so its the outlets on the RV.
Does anyone know the fuse number/location for those two outlets before I have to pull them all?
I found two 7.5 amp fuses on an orange wires behind the radio. I upgraded them to 10 amp. I also tighten the sockets. Fuse is standard blade:
Click image for larger version

Name:	10 amp fuse.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	175595

see thread: Electrical problems FR3
Solar Power & Battle Born batteries
rk06382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 09:01 AM   #4

Fuses.

Thanks for the great suggestions. The shorted out wires makes sense. Even though the fuses are wall mounted back in the b/r slideout, I noticed an annoying rattle on first shake-down cruise. There is a metal case the size of a cigarette pack with one lead coming in and three coming out. It was half-assed zip tied under the dash but was rubbing/bouncing off the plastic engine cover.
You'd have to be a midget or hobbit to reach under since there is zero room to work. I need to take it back to the dealer for a few other minor adjustments so Ill add that to the list.
Clamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 10:17 AM   #5
Ambassador Member

When you say “wall mounted” are you speaking of your power distribution panel? That is where your coach 12v fuses and 120v breakers would be.
Posting exclusively in the Forester/Sunseeker section for the amusement of fellow Forester/Sunseeker owners.
Duckogram is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuse