Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-14-2016, 08:55 AM   #21

I found (2) WEN 56200i 2000-Watt 79.7cc Inverter Generators for $360 each @ Woot.com & combine them with the WEN 56421 Parallel Connection Kit which provides a 30A plug. Even when I only setup one I can still use the 30A plug on the connection kit but I could also use my 15A to 30A Camco adapter....

The WENs' engine is a Yamaha clone - right down to the exact location of the dipstick - probably made in a the same Chinese shop... The electronics are oriented differently but I like how everything plugs into the ends vs. sides...

2017-31; 2016-36; 2015-37; 2014-31

The_Rhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 05:37 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh203 View Post
Hello,

I did a bunch of research on portable generators and decided on a new Generac iQ2000 Inverter. It is quieter than a Honda EU2000 and had really good reviews. So, I went on a trip and tried to use this for the first time on my 2015 R-Pod 178. The generator fired right up and gave me the green ready light. As soon as I plug in the camper, it switches to red and will not power anything in the R-Pod. The only things turned on in the camper are the clock on the microwave which instantly comes on with electric and the clock on the Radio/DVD player. I cant turn these off. Everything else was off and/or unplugged.

I tested my dads old 1978 camper with the iQ2000 and it worked just fine. Not enough to power the AC, but lights and outlets worked fine.

What am I doing wrong? Shouldn't this unit be adequate for this small little camper? Thoughts or suggestions?

I went ahead and returned the iQ2000 today. Suggestions from any other R-Pod owners for a good size inverter/generator unit?

Thanks
Take a look at this. Someone posted it in another thread but it may be related to your issue. Floating ground etc..

Generator Ground-Neutral Bonding | No~Shock~Zone

Tags
generator, inverter