Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-19-2018, 08:09 PM   #1

Question generator issue

I have a brand new Georgetown XL 369. On the way home from the dealership Saturday I was able to run the Generator and everything seemed to work fine. The next day I started the generator and nothing in the coach was getting power. The generator seemed to act odd and shut down. I was able to restart it with the same result. I could not find a circuit tripped or fuse blown. I checked both circuits on the generator as well. I could not test the GFI because no power was getting to the outlet. I plugged the RV into shore power and everything worked fine. Does anyone have any idea what the issue may be. I also noticed the red light on the starter switch on the generator itself flashes and does not stay steadily lit.

Thanks..Ron
Ron0211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 08:20 PM   #2

When you say odd what do you mean and is it an onan gen.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Forest River Forums mobile app
ejohnson1144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 09:07 PM   #3

the red flashing light on the start switch is the error code. it will flash two sequences of numbers and then repeat the numbers several times. you need to count the flashes for the two numbers and record them. then look in the owners manual, or on-line, to see what the error code is saying. this will at least point you in a general direction.
Old 02-19-2018, 10:19 PM   #4

Yes it is an Onan. The odd thing was that, for no reason shut off and was harder to start but eventually did and stayed running as normal.
Old 02-19-2018, 10:22 PM   #5

Thanks, I had no idea. I will count them and research the error code. Ron
Old 03-03-2018, 11:00 AM   #6

Generator issue resolved

Following up on my generator issue for those interested. The generator had 4 hours on it when it stopped providing power on my new 369ds. It had an error code 13 and the dealer told me that even if I brought it back to them they would take it to an Onan generator service center. There happened to be an Onan service center 30 minutes from where I live. I called them and made an appointment to take the coach there. They couldn't have been nicer or more accommodating. A few days later they called and said it had a bad circuit board. They replaced the board and it turned out that was not the problem. The unit ended up having a bad "Stator", they ordered one and had to remove the Generator to replace the stator but that was the issue. All is working well now and it was covered under warranty otherwise it would have been an expensive fix. Hopefully no one has this issue, but if so, maybe this will be helpful.

Tags
generator