Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-24-2019, 12:13 AM   #1

Generator Remote Start Procedure

I purchased a nice Yamaha generator from a friend recently. It has a Hayes WSK-1 wireless remote starter, but my friend doesn’t have the operating instructions. Anyone know how to operate the remote start?
Thanks,
Mark
OldDrummer55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 07:24 AM   #2

Sorry going from memory here but might help you a little. I have Yammi generator. Not sure make of remote.
Fob is blue with 3 buttons, 2 of them red.
If memory is right the larger red button activates starter AND puts choke on for cold engine.
Smaller red activates starter only.
Third button is kill switch.

Now at the generator the main switch is left in the on position for the remote to work.
There is also a non factory toggle switch installed on the gennie to turn the control module of the remote system of and on. This prevents the remote module from draining battery when gennie is not used for an extended time.
Hope this helps a little
keegantimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 09:24 AM   #3

Thanks!

Tags
generator, remote