Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-07-2022, 06:38 PM   #1

GFI Chun is dead

I had the GFI pop. Reset the outlet at door, the rest of chain is out. 2 outside bays, bath and kitchen. I have power on both sides of plug at door. This is on a FR3. 33 ft. Called forest river and talked to tech. He was going to check and call back. 2 weeks later no call
bisbur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 07:34 PM   #2
Site Team

A few Ideas.
You may have more than one master GFCI. Look in water contact areas.
The GFCI will not reset if you tripped the breaker. Reset the breaker and reset again.
What caused the trip?

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 08:16 PM   #3

Plugged a battery charger in the bay and the braker on the outlet at the door popped. I reset and only power at door. That is the only GFI that I can find
Old 07-07-2022, 09:34 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bisbur View Post
Plugged a battery charger in the bay and the braker on the outlet at the door popped. I reset and only power at door. That is the only GFI that I can find
Check the circuit breaker on that circuit at the panel. Even if it looks OK, turn it fully off then on again. If that doesn't do it, you may just have to replace the GFCI outlet.
Old 07-08-2022, 07:52 AM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bisbur View Post
Some clarifications please; What popped? The GFCI at the the door or the breaker in the distribution panel or both?
Did you check the breaker in the distribution panel.
The Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter (GFCI) will not actually reset if the Circuit Breaker (breaker) in the distribution panel is tripped.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022, 07:55 AM   #6

Replaced the GFI. Have power on both sides. Wires go into wall and can not follow to next plug. I think the next plug is the outside TV and I have to figure how to get it out so I can get to plug
Old 07-10-2022, 03:22 PM   #7

Got TV out receptical in that bay had the press on connections and one was loose and had black mark on it. Replaced with house type and now have power to the whole chain. If anyone is having power outages in a chain these recepticals are a good place to look first. They are hard to get apart.