Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-09-2019, 01:06 PM   #1

GP-PWM-30-UL - 2019 Forest River Forester

My 2019 Forester came with a GP-PWM-30-UL solar charge controller and a single panel on roof. In doing some research I noted the GP-PWM-30-UL has a space for 'battery 1' and 'battery 2' which it will charge Battery 2 after Battery 1 is fully charged.

Looking around, I realize GP-PWM-30-UL isn't a great charge controller - but nonetheless looking at options of utilizing it or other units. Thought maybe I'd get a second bay of batteries and run an inverter off it separately.

Anyhow - I pulled the panel off the wall and much to my amazement - it already has something cabled into Battery 2. (it may go nowhere, haven't been able to trace cables yet). Can anyone think of why it'd be there ? Is there a second set of batteries I wasn't aware of tucked in the RV somewhere?

In using the front panel - it references both batteries with different voltages too which is.... confusing.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190409_122801.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	200.5 KB
ID:	201297   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190409_122752.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	281.5 KB
ID:	201298   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190409_114421.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	285.4 KB
ID:	201299  
sbentrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 01:23 PM   #2
Trailer Park Supervisor

I can't remember what wires were connected to back of mine, but I did have to pull it out of wall when I got home from dealership, because it didn't seem to be working. The wires were very loosely connected at factory. Snugged up connections and it worked. Who knows what the dealership or factory did with settings, mine was initially set for AGM. Go through all the settings and program it to match your setup.
NJKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 10:45 PM   #3

Was there an explanation provided on where is the reading for the 2 battery coming from. I am too confused and searched the Internet for answer but did not find anything . Thanks in advance
bouched3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forest river, forester