Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-10-2017, 02:58 PM   #1

Has anyone heard of GWL Power / www.ev-power.eu for LiFePO4 batteries?

Has anyone heard of or had any experience dealing with this company? It seems like they have pretty good pricing on 12 Volt LiFePO4 batteries but I have never heard about them and can't find much online about them other than what's on their website.

If they are a legitimate company, would the 12V Lithium cells they offer for sale work in an RV application? They list a 22Ah lithium with PCM and Bluetooth monitoring for a decent price. Would I be able to connect 5 of these in parallel? Would the 90Ah battery they list be a better option even though it doesn't have any BMS built in?

I imagine shipping Lithium batteries to Canada could be a nightmare. Shipping costs appear somewhat reasonable though @ 20kg for $140 USD.

Is there anything else I should be considering?

https://www.ev-power.eu/

Peterkout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 03:27 PM   #2

Very small but what do I know
ejohnson1144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 03:34 PM   #3

Yeah, they are small. If I were to use that sizeI would have multiple cells in parallel to bump up the Amp-hours to a decent amount. That would also limit the cost should a cell become damaged rather than getting one larger battery.
Peterkout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 04:22 AM   #4

Don't bother. I tried to order something from the UK and got no-where. Their systems are archaic and communications appalling. Avoid!
martinwinlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 10:45 AM   #5

I think that by the time you purchased enough of these batteries, paid for shipping, then worked out all the kinks of building a battery bank from them you'd be better off just buying a "Drop In Replacement" from either Renogy or Battleborn.

Also, having a company in Europe makes for difficult product support. If for no other reason than the huge time differences. Want to call Customer Service? Out here on the West Coast they're 8 hours ahead of us. Call first thing in the morning and they're going home for the day.

"Lithium" batteries have enough issues I think I'd stick with complete package, battery sized for my needs with built in BMS, and designed to replace a conventional battery used in an RV. Sometimes paying less money doesn't save you a dime in the end.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
batteries, power