Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-25-2024, 01:18 PM   #1

Inexpensive Bluetooth AC voltage display?

Is there such a thing? I'm just looking for something (inexpensive) that I can plug into an outlet and then get an AC voltage reading on my iphone remotely (using Bluetooth).

I found several for DC, but nothing for AC.
2024 Forest River Rockwood 2906BS
BuickGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2024, 04:19 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuickGS View Post
Is there such a thing? I'm just looking for something (inexpensive) that I can plug into an outlet and then get an AC voltage reading on my iphone remotely (using Bluetooth).

I found several for DC, but nothing for AC.
There are kill-a-watt type devices that are wireless. but the ones I found a all wi-fi.

I had a house power usage monitor that tracked total house and up to three appliances. I don't see it anywhere now. But it too was wi-fi.

Are you wanting to see voltage or just whether the circuit is hot or not. If it's the later you could plug in a USB charger and monitor it's output with one of the DC devices.
100% dry camping and boondocking.
https://hclarkx.slickpic.com/gallery/?viewer
Hclarkx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2024, 05:19 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hclarkx View Post
There are kill-a-watt type devices that are wireless. but the ones I found a all wi-fi.

I had a house power usage monitor that tracked total house and up to three appliances. I don't see it anywhere now. But it too was wi-fi.

Are you wanting to see voltage or just whether the circuit is hot or not. If it's the later you could plug in a USB charger and monitor it's output with one of the DC devices.
Hclarkx - The Kill-A-Watt wifi devices would work, but they're a little more info and price than what I'm looking for.

I'm just looking for a basic and inexpensive (under $30/$40) AC voltage meter/sensor that I can plug into a 120 vac outlet on my power pole and then monitor AC voltage right at the power pole remotely thru my iphone from inside my RV - via bluetooth (or I guess wifi if bluetooth is not an option).

The reason is, I'm currently using a Hughes Voltage Booster and then a Hughes Surge Protector w/EPO at my seasonal site (needed because of fluctuating and sometimes very low campground voltage). When I monitor my Hughes Surge Protector w/EPO's voltage via bluetooth, I have no way of knowing if the voltage I'm reading is the power pole voltage or if it's currently being boosted by my voltage booster, unless I physically go out to the back of my camper, unlock the storage box I keep the booster and surge protector in, and then look at what lights are on on the booster to determine if the booster is on and actually boosting voltage at the moment or not.

I'd guess that most people could care less what the power pole voltage is as long as the final voltage coming into their RV is at an acceptable level, but my OCD is wanting me to know what the voltage is at the power pole before it even makes it to my booster and surge protector.
2024 Forest River Rockwood 2906BS
BuickGS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
voltage