RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 05-18-2013, 06:39 PM   #1

Interior Lights won't work with DC or AC

I can't seem to find any reason for my lights not to work on my 1995 Rockwood 1620. They worked last season but when I went out for the first time this year they don't. I currently have the trailer plugged into my garage via extension cord. My refrigerator works but none of the lights inside the trailer or the porch light work. I have checked the fuse in the converter and it is pushed in until it latches, the switch is turned to AC and both circuit breakers are pushed in fully. I don't know where to look next. Any ideas?
sportermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 09:02 PM   #2

That strongly suggests that your battery has died (and not even the converter can pump any life into to the DC circuits). You'll need a voltmeter to try to figure it out. If you just disconnect the battery, you should get lights from the converter power unless its been damaged as well.
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 02:26 PM   #3

So I tried a few more things. Refrigerator keeps cold on DC and AC. Lights don't work with either. Unplugged the battery completely and plugged into electricity from my house and still no lights.
Old 05-19-2013, 02:29 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Is the Rockwood 1620 a pop-up ?? If so, there is a micro switch somewhere that needs to be tripped. If you have a flip-up sink and stove, the micro switch should be a the base of that. It might need adjusting.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 12:38 AM   #5

Either there isn't a micro switch or I don't know what I'm looking for. My sink flips over and stores upside down. There are several wires going to the thermostat and the sink water pump that the previous owners put in when they first purchased it. Any idea what this looks like?
Old 05-20-2013, 02:45 AM   #6
Site Team

you should be asking a similar question in the Tent Camper/Popup section here.

our two popups had a white plunger switch that had to be pressed down by the sink top when it's flipped up.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 05:20 AM   #7

I had a switch that was monted to the side wall top lip and when the roof met the side wall it would shut the roof lights off so not to start a fire if a roof light was left on. It was a jayco P/U. look good im sure its there somewere. Trace the wire that feeds the roof it will be hid in a flap going from the roof down to the side hard wall. Its there......
wayne in florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:32 PM   #8

Question

I was able to track the wiring down from the roof and from the converter. I have a blue and white pair coming from each one. They terminate under the sink cabinet where the two white wires and the two blue wires are connected white/white and blue/blue. See attached picture. Should these attach somewhere? Or is the problem elsewhere? Click image for larger version

Name:	1369095541662.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	31008

Click image for larger version

Name:	diagram.png
Views:	202
Size:	10.8 KB
ID:	31011