Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-04-2022, 11:32 AM   #1

Inverter circuits

Happy Fourth to all!
I have no power to my inverter circuits, 2022 Ultra Lite 8332SB, Progresssive Dynamics PD 1600 Series Inverter. I cannot locate the inverter remote control on/off switch, or the 12V fuses. Any ideas on these two, or any ideas on this in general will be greatly appreciated. I have power to the inverter. I hope all are enjoying the holiday, and are remembering those who made it possible.
Best regards, Alberto
Alberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 01:05 PM   #2

Inverter Circuits

Normally the fuses for the inverter are internal to the inverter. The inverter is normally directly connected to the battery with a heavy cable or is connected to the battery switch, again with a heavy cable. Be sure the battery switch is on.

There is a remote control panel offered with these inverters. It should be installed where visible or may be just tucked in where the inverter is located. It connects to the inverter by a cord that looks much like a telephone cord with modular connections on each end.
Bob K4TAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 03:04 PM   #3

Thanks, Bob. I’ll isolate the circuit and take the casing off of the inverter to get at the fuses.
Old 07-04-2022, 09:23 PM   #4

For the AC side of the inverter there is usually a reset button on the outside ot the case. Before you pull the cover off make sure you turn off the dc power to it.

If you find the model # for your inverter that would also help.
nvs4602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 10:28 PM   #5

Inverter circuits

Hello, and thank you for the reply. The unit is a
PD 1618 1800 watt Pure Sine Wave Inverter.
Update: Earlier today I had opened the outdoor main breaker and battery switch to look around, check for loose wires, etc. No luck. I put both back to the original positions. Later in the day the inverter circuits came back on line on their own.
I’d like to know what happened. The circuit failed once, it might fail again. Any ideas?
There is a shut down button on the unit, and an unlabeled button next to it with the graphic of a finger that I assume is the on buttton. I tried it, with no luck. The inverter had power in, but no power out. I’ll look online for a manual.
Old 07-04-2022, 10:34 PM   #6

Inverter circuit

My correction. The button with the finger graphic is a select button.

Tags
inverter