Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-20-2021, 07:53 PM   #1

Inverter error code

So we are new owners of 2021 Columbus 378mbc Fifth wheel, due to a hail storm that totaled our beloved travel trailer. We are completely new to the inverter world as our old travel trailer had a propane fridge. The inverter is showing a fault, and is giving us an error code of E-5. It is a progressive dynamics pd1210 inverter. In the manual it says to do a manual restart. I evidently don’t know what that means, because I have turned it off and on and it doesn’t clear the fault. Any ideas at to how to do a manual restart?
Old 06-21-2021, 08:14 AM   #2

You might try removing all power from the inverter by removing all 12V and see if that resits it. good luck let the forum know what you find.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 08:51 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex_Raider View Post
So we are new owners of 2021 Columbus 378mbc Fifth wheel, due to a hail storm that totaled our beloved travel trailer. We are completely new to the inverter world as our old travel trailer had a propane fridge. The inverter is showing a fault, and is giving us an error code of E-5. It is a progressive dynamics pd1210 inverter. In the manual it says to do a manual restart. I evidently don’t know what that means, because I have turned it off and on and it doesn’t clear the fault. Any ideas at to how to do a manual restart?
On my inverter (I don't even remember the brand), turning the inverter off, waiting a few minutes, and turning it on, is a manual reset. On some inverters you may have to hold the on button down for about 5 seconds or so. Make sure you have removed the electrical draw on the inverter before the reset or there is a good possibility you will get the same fault again.

On most inverters, the most common error has to do with the battery's discharging at a rate too high and shutting down power to the inverter. My inverter also has emergency shut downs for the same basic reasons.

My guess is that you are putting too many demands on the battery and or inverter. What were you running for appliances when it shut down. What is your battery-inverter setup.
PhilFromMaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 03:54 PM   #4

I will try this out when I get home. Hopefully that will reset it. I Believe the only thing to be running off of it is the refrigerator. Nothing else should be on going down the road.
Old 06-21-2021, 10:10 PM   #5

Update. I checked for loose connections. I found multiple loose connections at the batteries. I tightened all those up. Checked all connections to inverter, and they appear to be good. Turned the inverter off. Unplugged the refrigerator, and waited a few minutes. I still have the error code. My search continues.
Old 10-20-2021, 07:14 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex_Raider View Post
Update. I checked for loose connections. I found multiple loose connections at the batteries. I tightened all those up. Checked all connections to inverter, and they appear to be good. Turned the inverter off. Unplugged the refrigerator, and waited a few minutes. I still have the error code. My search continues.
Did you ever figure this out? I’m having the same issue with mine?
photoguy190 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
inverter