Old 07-25-2020, 08:10 AM   #1

Inverter not working

I started my generator while plugged to shore power now my inverter is not working on my 2017 Georgetown XL 369DS Please advise
larry1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 08:27 AM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry1600 View Post
I started my generator while plugged to shore power now my inverter is not working on my 2017 Georgetown XL 369DS Please advise
How did you determine your inverter isnít working? Youíre not talking about you CONverter, are you?

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 = 64; booked = 30
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 08:38 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dan View Post
How did you determine your inverter isn’t working? You’re not talking about you CONverter, are you?
My refrigerator is electric only no propane option. Normally as I’m driving down the road my refrigerator is working. Yesterday I noticed the refrigerator will not turn on unless I’m plugged into shore power or running my generator. I made the mistake of starting my generator the other day while I was plugged into shore power Since then my refrigerator does not operate while driving down the road but everything does operate properly when plugged in or my generator is on
Old 07-25-2020, 08:49 AM   #4

My inverter has a reset on the side.
Old 07-25-2020, 09:02 AM   #5

My 2015 GT335DS has a Xantrex inverter. If you have a Xantrex I would be that the GFCI outlet on the unit needs to be reset. If your remote panel has a green light, the inverter is working but the duplex outlet is preventing power from reaching your reefer.

Now you need to FIND your inverter.....

2015 335DS
ScottBrownstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 09:03 AM   #6

the scenario you described with shore power and generator power should have nothing to do with your inverter.

stupid question but is the inverter turned on? depending on what model inverter you have it may have a 120 vac gfi output receptacle. if so make sure this has not tripped.

some inverters have an internal bypass relay that passes either shore power or inverter produced 120vac power to the refrigerator. others do not have this feature built in and they have a small external transfer switch. you may want to double check this to ensure that it is working.
Old 07-25-2020, 09:08 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHICKDOE View Post
the scenario you described with shore power and generator power should have nothing to do with your inverter.

stupid question but is the inverter turned on? depending on what model inverter you have it may have a 120 vac gfi output receptacle. if so make sure this has not tripped.

some inverters have an internal bypass relay that passes either shore power or inverter produced 120vac power to the refrigerator. others do not have this feature built in and they have a small external transfer switch. you may want to double check this to ensure that it is working.
Yes the light is green on the inside inverter button
Old 07-25-2020, 09:20 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry1600 View Post
Yes the light is green on the inside inverter button

GFCI...the inverter thinks it is ok...the GFCI on the back of it is tripped. Reach in and reset it and you are good to go.

ChickDoe is correct, the genny should have nothing to do with it but GFCis trip for a lot of reasons. The ATS switched the source and the GFCI might have seen a transient in the load...just reset it.

2015 335DS
ScottBrownstein is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
inverter