Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-05-2017, 10:21 AM   #1

Inverter Questions

Hoping the forum can help me with the inverter that came with my trailer. Xantrex Freedom X 1200.

I could use a description of the three modes that are selectable with the button on the front. What does each do and where should I leave it set? There were no instructions and I can't find them online.

Thanks in advance.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4234.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	226.7 KB
ID:	147243

Lou
lapoldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 11:23 AM   #2

WOW... I checked their website and those were released July 2017, and there is no manual yet you can download.

So looking at the pic... the lights are indicating what the device is doing.. so it looks like you are on shore power and it is by-passing using the battery and supplying 120 to your fridge, the next led down from that is when it is running off of battery and the third is the battery is low and turn itself off to protect itself and the fridge.

The buttons are for going thru the menu on the display, so I bet there are some settings you can change.... but truly I bet it is all ready set, until you can get a manual I would not mess with it.
Contact the dealer you bought it from or FR.
You could try sending an email to Xantrex.
N6ZCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 12:26 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by N6ZCM View Post
WOW... I checked their website and those were released July 2017, and there is no manual yet you can download.

So looking at the pic... the lights are indicating what the device is doing.. so it looks like you are on shore power and it is by-passing using the battery and supplying 120 to your fridge, the next led down from that is when it is running off of battery and the third is the battery is low and turn itself off to protect itself and the fridge.

The buttons are for going thru the menu on the display, so I bet there are some settings you can change.... but truly I bet it is all ready set, until you can get a manual I would not mess with it.

Contact the dealer you bought it from or FR.

You could try sending an email to Xantrex.

Thanks. I looked at their site too. No help there. Appreciate your input. I'm only asking because last week my surge protector shut down the shore power to my trailer for a few minutes due to a low voltage situation and it did not appear the unit switched over to battery because the fridge was not running. At least, there was no fridge light when I opened the door. That's what caused me to get suspicious.

So either the inverter is not set correctly, the inverter is not working, or the fridge was not properly wired to the inverter at the factory. This is a new trailer and I'm still finding bugs.

Just the other day I decided to test the FW tank and found it would not hold water because the drain tube is disconnected from the tank. The bad connection is above the belly cover so I decided not to mess with it. But the tube was clearly off, because it came out through the hole when I wiggled it. Add that to the end of season warranty list. Just need to find a way to secure it when I drive down the road.

Living the dream.

Lou
lapoldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 01:09 PM   #4

Love the "Living the Dream"

I would suspect the Inverter also sensed a voltage problem and disable itself.
Might want to try disconnecting the battery to it, another words "reboot"

But on a good note your surge protector did its job!!

Yeah that is not good when you can not hold any FW!!!
N6ZCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 04:09 PM   #5

Sometimes my inverter doesn't work right, I just turn off the inverter and wait a minute and turn the inverter back on that usually works. If it doesn't and you want to reboot the system then make sure your camper is not hooked up and take the battery negative cable off and then hook the battery cable back up, that will reboot the system.
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
inverter