Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-23-2019, 12:40 PM   #1

It’s Greek to me.

Could anyone explain this panel to me? It’s reading 13.3 volts but not keeping the battery charged.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	B59D1C04-D63C-494B-ADF6-649579B1F928.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	605.9 KB
ID:	220914  
edukehtoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 01:05 PM   #2

To me that shows the batterys at 13.3 volts in full sunshine. Why they are not charging is a stumper. Mine can show that in voltage, amps of charge, or charge of battery in percentage, as in 100% or less.
Old 12-23-2019, 01:08 PM   #3

13.3V is enough to trickle charge a battery - nothing more. It's what a controller/charger will go to when a battery is fully charged. It needs to be up to 13.7V+ to put any meaningful charge into a battery.

I'm wondering if the missing bar in the top diagram means the panel is not producing full output. That could also be limiting the voltage to the battery.

I would download the manual for the solar controller to fully understand what the display is telling you.

Fred W
2019 Flagstaff T21TBHW A-frame
pgandw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 01:20 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgandw View Post
13.3V is enough to trickle charge a battery - nothing more. It's what a controller/charger will go to when a battery is fully charged. It needs to be up to 13.7V+ to put any meaningful charge into a battery.

I'm wondering if the missing bar in the top diagram means the panel is not producing full output. That could also be limiting the voltage to the battery.

I would download the manual for the solar controller to fully understand what the display is telling you.

Fred W
2019 Flagstaff T21TBHW A-frame
Well I have the manual. It is not user friendly. For example there is no diagram that tells what the different indications are for. Perhaps on line there will be a better one.
Old 12-23-2019, 01:53 PM   #5

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Perhaps, just maybe, there might be a U-tube video to help you out. Worth a quick search.

Fred W
pgandw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 03:27 PM   #6

Good idea. That’s how I got my airbags on.
Old 01-02-2020, 08:34 PM   #7

Just reading some of the info on their website (here) maybe you should try pressing the "Max Boost" button and see if the voltage goes up. That's what it appears to say you can do to override the controllers chosen output amount.

The Go Power solar company is pretty big - maybe give their support desk a call and see if they can help you...
Only one shedding mutt now RIP Yoshi
larry2c is offline   Reply With Quote