Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-30-2020, 06:47 AM   #1

Kwickie Steps

Where might I obtain a wiring diagram for my 2008 Georgetown 374T electric steps?
michiganian7412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 07:00 AM   #2

Here is a link to Electric Step Troubleshooting Flowchart
https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...flow_chart.pdf

I though mine had electric control module problems but turned out that gear unit had rust in it and shorted the motor, purchased new motor and gear. Please note the do a poor job of gasketing gear unit which allow water infiltration into the unit so I pull RTV sealant around the gear unit plate before installing unit.
RFarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 07:11 AM   #3

Motor & gear are operating. Replaced the control module & installed new magnetic door sensor. The steps do not operate without bypassing the coach's wiring. I have two guesses: A bad ground somewhere in the tangle of wires or a short in the step switch. Looking through several posts, I have found nothing giving me hope of finding a wiring diagram for the steps. I have the troubleshooting guide. Steps react opposite and only when the brown wire is run to the negative battery post.
Old 06-30-2020, 08:22 AM   #4

I found this manual on page 10 is a wiring diagram. There are several fuses shown, might check those firs Good Luck Ron

https://newpar.newmarcorp.com/instan...ges/kwikee.pdf
RFarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 12:50 PM   #5

Been there, done that Ron. Thank you
Old 06-30-2020, 12:58 PM   #6

Not sure about a 2008 GT but later years have the step power fuse (25A) inline directly off one of the coach batteries. The main ground return would be the green wire terminated into the step mounting structure. This is the same for LIppert and Kwikee steps.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote