Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-26-2021, 07:49 PM   #1
Give Me Dirt

LifePo4 - 50Ah for $99

Sounds too good to be true and it will be a couple weeks before I get to test this thoroughly, but I found this Amazing deal at WalMart you may wish to check out.

The input charger is 16v/2a, so I am not sure (yet) about charging with a solar panel. Wanted to get this out in case this is a holiday deal that disappears.

The Vault Multi-Function Portable Power Station - 300W Generator with 110V AC Outlet, Three USB Ports for Outdoor Camping, Home Emergencies, and More
$99.00/EA
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, I knew there was a catch. It's 50,400mAh - @ 3.2 volts!!! Not sure if I'll keep it as I want to run some tests. Here's the worst review out on the Walmart site:

3 out of 5 stars review
Verified Purchaser
12/11/2021
Overgrown phone charger/battery bank? You decide..
Pros: A battery that includes a 120 volt plug as well as various USB charging options, ability to power 12 v accessories -- and a flashlight -- it actually is cool for what it presents. Cons: It is nothing more than an overgrown phone charger/battery bank. My eyes stopped at 50,400 mAH and did not complete the math with the 161.28 Wh to compute that this was a 3.2v battery bank. I had 50 amp hours stuck in my head -- which it is -- but only at 3.2v. Quick math on these numbers would say you have 12.5 AH -- if thinking it has a 12v cell. But you have to remember to take out for losses and such. I ran a 50 watt load on mine and it did not last 2 hours -- hoping it will get better with the next few recharges. Will probably return if I choose not to continue to gift it or use myself -- I thought you could hook a solar panel up to these level of devices -- and provide some level of recharging in an emergency situation. This only charges by AC adapter, not even a 12 volt car adapter is provided as a charging option. (Remember it was originally $129 now $99 and the manufacturer advertises them at $260 -- like around the price of all other products of this kind/type -- which most do have an option for recharging with a solar panel or 12v vehicle accessory plugs. So in my opinion -- it is lacking.) I mean it is OK for what it is I guess -- its some juice when you could use it -- but without AC power -- it is useless after it is exhausted -- until you can feed it AC power again. Half good idea here -- just wish it could be charged other ways than provided AC adaptor. And first person that yells to plug it in a generator and charge it -- I wouldn't be lugging this if I had a little generator... LOL Even the smallest 2 stroke generator is 700-900 watts of power -- or easily 5x's more power output than this 3.2v battery bank/phone charger@ 120 volts. It was nicely packaged from the manufacturer in cushiony foam -- not that cheap hard stuff -- if they would not have went this extra mile -- I do not think I would have received it in as good condition as I did -- the shipping box itself another story. if anything else would have been in this box it would have been a disaster -- so be sure to order this separately!!! -- just in case they try to package with something else -- it is just over 5 pounds in weight.
----------------------------------------------
Again that is not my words, but a verified purchase review.

I wanted to get that up there as the subject line, although technically accurate, is grossly misleading.
richminaya is offline   Reply With Quote