Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-09-2020, 02:57 PM   #1

Lippert One Control

Are there different "levels" of this system? I have the one with the remote control and it will operate the 2 slides and awning and awning lights. There are lights for leveling but that does not work with the remote and there is no wifi to use the app. I would LOVE to be able to control the levelers from the remote or the app.

Is this an added option? the interior screen also just has an icon for the levelers and one for info on the coach like manuals, etc. I pulled it off the wall and there's nothing connected to the RJ11, which is where the wifi module should connect.
nayther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 03:38 PM   #2

I do believe there are multiple levels of functionality with the One Control, and havent actually been able to determine what identifies the different functionality capabilities. As in, which one does everything, and which ones dont. Our new Arctic Wolf has the One Control, and during our PDI they explained that we could use the app on our phone to control everything that we can control on the wall. Lights, awning, slide, auto level.

We havent camped in the unit yet, but did bring a generator over to the storage unit where we keep it. We were able to operate the lights from the phone. Nothing else. We were told that part of the reasoning behind no auto level controls outside the unit, was because it wasnt necessary because of the smart phone app. There was a disclaimer somewhere, maybe in the app, that says, to paraphrase, the only remote options available are the ones compatible with your One Control. Which basically tells me that there are varying "levels" of One Control. We were actually pretty disappointed that we couldnt do the auto level from outside (using the phone app, but there is no app functionality, and no outside control panel). In the end, its still an upgrade for us over using the drill to lower the stabilizer jacks on our old travel trailer, so we are happy with the system, despite being disappointed that there is very few scenarios where we would use the app. Maybe if we are watching tv and want to turn on or off the lights, but it would take longer to pick up the phone, open the app, make the change, than it would be to walk 5 feet to the wall control. I anticipate the only time I will use the app will be to monitor the battery.

Old 01-09-2020, 07:41 PM   #3

i have an "outdoor" panel for the jacks that's hardwired to the level control, all components are connected via CAN bus and I found the one for the jacks, right above the batteries, Would imagine there's another for the awning and another for the slides, wonder if you can add modules and the wifi receiver and get the full functionality, besides lights, that's not necessary. Lippert website is useless and I sent them an email a LONG time ago with no response. Wonder if a FR rep. could assist. Mainly want the ability to control the individual jacks from either the wireless remote or phone as there are times I'd like to just lower the jacks for stability so don't have to unhook.
Old 01-09-2020, 07:57 PM   #4

Lippert One Control

We use our iPhone or iPad as a remote.
Retired JSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 10:25 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired JSO View Post
We use our iPhone or iPad as a remote.

Mine does not have that feature, that's what I would like.
Old 01-10-2020, 12:28 PM   #6

Call LCI. I haven’t looked very close but I’m pretty sure there’s an RJ11 connection between the supplied router and the control panel. Those who do have the router should check it for stability. I’ve seen three of them (including mine) that were just laying in a cabinet where they can bounce around while traveling.

But, what else would you expect in a unit built in Indiana.
Old 01-11-2020, 09:16 AM   #7

nayther it would help if we knew what you had. In our 2020 Cedar Creek 38DBRK, we have the In Command system and the app that works with it will control almost everything. I know for a fact that you have to have the right app for your controller. I had to contact LCI and once I did, I was able to control things with the app.
Old 01-11-2020, 09:26 AM   #8

Depends!

We have a 2018 Hathaway.

The one touch in ours, to the best of our knowledge, only controls the hydraulic leveler.

Just like cars. Every year more complicated electronics for easy push button control. And poorer long term reliability.

Boys and their remotes.
tomkatb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 06:19 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimla View Post
nayther it would help if we knew what you had. In our 2020 Cedar Creek 38DBRK, we have the In Command system and the app that works with it will control almost everything. I know for a fact that you have to have the right app for your controller. I had to contact LCI and once I did, I was able to control things with the app.
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKL. I've pulled the touch pad off the wall and there's only the CAN bus attached. Don't remember if there's another RJ11, will pull it off again and see if there's a model number.
Old 01-14-2020, 06:52 PM   #10
Drew

2019 FR Forester. Our LCI controls: most lights, in and out, stabilizer jacks, awning, generator, water pump, slide out, and gives all tank and LP levels. Works both from the inside panel and via our iPhones.
OregonForester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 07:19 PM   #11

I was at a RV show over the past weekend and looking at the one control system. The Coachmen rep was there and I asked him about the one control app for smart phones and he said that after a few times where people were driving down the road and their offspring were playing with the I-Pad and the driver noticed the awning going out as the youngster had gotten into the app.

As a result of this they are taking away all the functions of the app.
DonMcKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 07:53 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMcKay View Post
I was at a RV show over the past weekend and looking at the one control system. The Coachmen rep was there and I asked him about the one control app for smart phones and he said that after a few times where people were driving down the road and their offspring were playing with the I-Pad and the driver noticed the awning going out as the youngster had gotten into the app.

As a result of this they are taking away all the functions of the app.
If they remove all the functions from the app then why have an app?

If the motor is running then the awning and slideout selections on the app are grayed out and don’t work. Plus, the “offspring” shouldn’t be given the access code. I think the sales rep had bogus info.
Old 01-14-2020, 08:14 PM   #13

On our motorhome we have logic which requires engine running and park brake on for slides. I moved awning so it only works with engine off. But in a tow behind you don't have this logic and I could see where this could happen
TowPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 12:12 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayther View Post
Are there different "levels" of this system?
There are several different modules that can be installed.
Here is the manual on the system.

Mine has a hard mounted tablet on wall, that connects to a module that runs the system. All the modules are connected to each other with a 2 wire buss (sort of a network).

I have a Lighting controller module, but its not the new one that lets you dim lights, you can only turn them on and off. this module has 9 outputs you can wire to stuff that you want to switch "on and off".

I have another module named Multi Function Receiver with Selectable fuses. this module controls stuff like awning where you the output only works when your pressing the button on display (momentarily on). This module will reverse the output polarity depending if your opening, or closing. this could be used for awning, jacks, TV lifts, Bed lifts, etc. this has 5 outputs, and I think also has some inputs where you switch low power to trigger relays on this board. (example jack switch). they make several version of this board.

I have another module called LCI Tank monitor V2. this monitors tanks, has Propane level inputs, and turns on both Electric and Gas hot water heater. I think this one can handle 6 water tanks, 3 Fuel/LP tanks as well as 4 10a outputs.

I think I have 1 module for each slide.

I have a module for my generator, which also adds some other stuff like auto turn generator, etc.

I also have a box with antennas on it in this same cabinet which has my WIFI gateway information and password on it.

You could try to be an area where you are away from other RV's, make sure your RV is turned on, (battery switch is NOT turned off) land using your phone to look for a wireless named something like MYRV_and a bunch of numbers. That may indicate your RV has the wireless module. in PDI they told me mine does not have wireless, but once I got away from all the other RV's it truly see it does have wireless. But don't try to connect to this wireless, instead follow the directions and try to connect to it with the app.

There are other modules (or combos) like HVAC single or dual zone modules, and maybe an HVAC that combines generator.
there is also a lighting module that can dim LED lights.
Modules for Auto level which need to be mounted flat.
there is a blue tooth module (which I would rather have than the WIFI), and I am sure others.

On my rig, they are all behind a screwed on cover over the refrigerator. they were just laying on a pile of electrical wires.

My slide module are in a lower cabinet near the water pump.

When I got my Rig I noticed my OneControl has a switch for accent lighting, but there is no accent lighting in my RV. So being an electronics person I went looking. I found indeed nothing was wired for accent lighting, but it was programmed. I also found that my rear stabilizers were wired to my multi function module but was never programmed into system. So I went looking for the manual and fixed my programming.

Problems with WIFI:
on my android, if I am driving down the road my phone will switch form 4G to WIFI and connect to MYRV_ but that wifi does not have internet access, so I end up not being connected and miss all my emails.
Now I just turn off the WIFI on phone, but than oneconnect will not work.
Old 01-15-2020, 01:21 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowPro View Post

Problems with WIFI:
on my android, if I am driving down the road my phone will switch form 4G to WIFI and connect to MYRV_ but that wifi does not have internet access, so I end up not being connected and miss all my emails.
Now I just turn off the WIFI on phone, but than oneconnect will not work.
I’m familiar with that problem. I solved it by using an older iPhone (-7, I think) that doesn’t have a SIM card. Then set it up to “forget” other networks. That way, it only connects to the LCI router. Always leave that phone in the MH so when I turn it on it immediately connects to the LCI box.
Old 01-15-2020, 07:17 PM   #16

Me too. Deticated an Amazon fire I jail broke so I can load Android apps on.
Old 01-15-2020, 08:11 PM   #17

I did a little test today and it worked. Connected my MiFi 8800 hotspot to the router used by the OneControl and found it works, although really slow internet.

Using a good Netgear router to re-broadcast the Hotspot signal the speed drops from 30 mbps to 15-18 mbps. That’s at my home where the cellular signal from all carriers is pathetic. When going through the OneControl router (don’t know the brand) the speed today went from 12 mbps (MiFi) down to 1.1 mbps..but at least it worked.

I’m going to attempt to get LCI to let me know if I can replace their router with one with more capabilities and quality.
Old 11-21-2021, 08:42 AM   #18

Smile

I see that this thread is old, but want to thank Emm-Dee on the Forum for giving me the idea about how to make controlling the One Control system easier. He uses an old Iphone near the front door of his rv to control stuff. I tried to use my old Galaxy S-4, but the software was too old to work with the One Control as a monitor/repeater via the wifi connection, as the current One Control requires Android 9 or later. I bought a refurb ONN 8" tablet for $25 on Ebay that runs on Android 10 and it works fine with the One Control in my 2018 Forester 3011ds. I use it only for the One Control. I keep it near the front entry door on the kitchen counter, turned on (on a charger line). After 30 minutes on, it goes back to sleep. One push on the side power button brings up the One Control panel display. Takes a second to come up and has the One Control panel readout that runs lights, slides, Genie, and Panel Monitor for switches. This very small investment makes the One Control readily available coming on board or working in the kitchen area without having to walk to the back wall of the living room in the rv. Thanks again Michael.
retcol99 is offline   Reply With Quote