Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-26-2022, 11:08 AM   #1

Lithium battery heating pad

I am looking to install falcon heating pads (amazon) on my lion batteries. Has anyone done this install? These appear to have have a low temperature start and high temp cut off. However, has anyone spliced into the tank heater line which has an on/off switch ? Is this even possible?
Adogbmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 06:39 PM   #2

I haven't needed battery heaters but your plan may be okay if you do some homework. 1) check total possible current and wire size adequacy. 2) do you want to always have tank heaters on when the battery needs heating? 3) Will the total current draw exceed the fuse rating on the tank heater circuit. 4) Not having finer heater control could eat into battery energy.

You will find threads discussing LiFePO4 heating requirements. Many of us including me have camped down into the low 20's without seeing 32F on the batteries.
100% dry camping and boondocking.
https://hclarkx.slickpic.com/gallery/?viewer
Hclarkx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, heating