Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-10-2021, 02:28 AM   #1

Question Looking for help identifying these electrical parts

Looking for help from you electrical wizards as to what these key components are here in my battery box. I do have an emergency battery jumper from the cab to the coach and maybe one is a controller for that. The one in the middle I believe is a large fuse? Is the rack on the left a row of four fuses or relays? Not super up to speed on all electrical. Any help is appreciated. I believe it should all be factory set up. Battery box is next tray to the right.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7402 1.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	113.3 KB
ID:	249294   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7404 1.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	249295   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7405 1.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	115.1 KB
ID:	249296   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7406 1.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	122.8 KB
ID:	249297  
Old 03-10-2021, 08:50 AM   #2

This is what they appear to be. The buss (a common tie point) is just for distribution to various 12Vdc items.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	gttr.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	143.7 KB
ID:	249308  
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 11:51 AM   #3

Would the Buss be a good point to tie in electrical accessories? Eventually I will get a shunt an a Victron controller.
Old 03-12-2021, 11:37 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roddor View Post
Would the Buss be a good point to tie in electrical accessories? Eventually I will get a shunt an a Victron controller.
It looks like it would be robust enough to handle additional accessories. Be sure and have bare metal to metal contact with the buss for your terminal lugs. Also might want to check under what conditions the buss is powered.
Old 03-12-2021, 12:11 PM   #5
Site Team

The "Bus" actually looks like four ganged 12 volt auto-reset breakers. The "feed" side is a bus bar, so you could possibly add a couple light loads to it, but you need to add up the values (amps) of the four breakers to see how much possible load is on it already.
Old 03-12-2021, 01:24 PM   #6

Based on the feed from the large fuse it looks like the top right is the feed with that breaker being the largest based on the wire size that is attached. Also looks like a pair of fuses going from the red wires to the white striped wires.
aircommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 01:48 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roddor View Post
The Victron Shunt has to be connected to the Ground side of the Batteries and all current must pass through it to monitor State of Charge, Current Flow etc.

The DC Bus can support any low draw 12V devices based on what it is designed for, wire size etc.
USN-RET/DOD-RET
mlmay12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 03:15 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Rambler View Post
The "Bus" actually looks like four ganged 12 volt auto-reset breakers. The "feed" side is a bus bar, so you could possibly add a couple light loads to it, but you need to add up the values (amps) of the four breakers to see how much possible load is on it already.
By cracky, you are correct; I see that now. The one side is a feed from a 250amp fuse but don't know which end and so the top buss could possibly be used for additional loads but don't know when it is powered. The buss feed wire appears to be of a large AWG size but photos can be misleading without a reference.
Old 03-12-2021, 08:20 PM   #9

Got the buss bar, the other "Little Fuse 250 amp" is what is called an ANS Fuse. Usually used in a large electrical draw situation instead of a circuit breaker.

2016 Boston Whaler Montauk 150
Former Montana owner
Colorado Cruiser, Over the Pass and Down the Hill
Comanchecreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 01:19 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Rambler View Post
Yes it does look like 4 individual boxes under the one shared bar on the top. I didn't want to pull it apart to view the writing on the four units.
Old 03-13-2021, 01:34 AM   #11

I did run a blue 36 inch LED light strip at the bottom of the RV over the step. Wanted to light up the step better when on manual override, that shuts of the step light. I tapped a 12volt wire source on the outside of the battery box and put a 1 amp inline fuse to be safe and then a manual on / off toggle to turn on at my liking. You can also see my red, white and blue LED string on the ground. Some nice light, but not too bright for the neighbors.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_7422 1.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	249551  

Tags
electric, electrical, parts