Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-25-2024, 10:17 PM   #1

Losing battery power, not sure where to start.

Hi, I'll get right to it.
3 weeks ago we decided to move into our RV full time and everything has been going smoothly. However 2 days ago I decided to turn on the fridge and start stocking it and then later that day, about 16 hours later, our CO alarm would chirp one time every minute, we woke up the next morning (yesterday) and our lights and power was at very low voltage levels.
Our SCC says that the battery is over discharged and being new to this life I am finding myself on YouTube, Facebook and reddit for solutions. Just looking for help on what you think it could be, how I can check it and solve it and any other tips related to this.
Here's what I know :- last night we shut off battery power but kept shore power on - battery reading was on LOW. Woke up this morning and the battery level was on Full (8am) then by 12 noon, it was back to Low again.
- AIMS SCC says we have over discharge by error code E01- I have unplugged the domestic fridge, thinking this may have caused something.
- we will turn off battery power for maybe an hour or two and it goes back up to full charge.
- we have an xbox and a tv plugged in, don't use the microwave, charge our devices inside our vehicle, and only using lights mainly for power.
- the awning hasn't been extending and then today on a whim I thought id try it and it got stuck halfway extended and drained the power in real time.
- we use the electric heater most of the day as it is still cold here where we are.

I am VERY new to the life, and literally went in blind with the desire to learn as I go, so thanks for making it this far!
pnwnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2024, 10:27 PM   #2

It would help the experts here if you put the specs on your RV and battery into your signature.

My initial thought would be battery related problems. How many and what type batteries do you have? How old are they, if Lead Acid are the liquid levels okay? Start there and keep us posted.
flyflotrtim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2024, 10:58 PM   #3

We need to know the year/make/model of your rv.
The co alarm beeping is often an indication that your battery is low...

Let's start with the information on your rv.

Welcome to the forum!

Tags
battery, power